13 PaGeS LoNg

WhErE tHe PaGeS oF tHiS bOoK nEvEr EnD



Monday, September 15, 2014

Luke 22:42


Hello Family & Loved ones!
I wanna start off again by saying thank you for the emails and pictures and prayers! I Love you Guys, and I can definitely feel the love. I got to take part in the family fast yesterday, it was a really spiritual experience, to know that for a whole day I was fasting for the family. I Love the fact that we get to do this. It really is a spiritual boost for all of us! And I have felt that boost for the past couple weeks and look forward to continuing to feel it:) I'll be sure to fast for Jaclyn specifically next time it's my day, and I will pray everyday for her. I'm sorry to hear about her right now, but Jaclyn being the kinda person she is is making the best out of it and growing spiritually from it. I Love you Jaclyn, thank you for your example of faith and strength.
These past 7 days were quite a week! It was a great week! I don't even know where to begin. Its been flippin Hot out here! The past weeks high was like 90 I think, and it's been pretty dry, Nevertheless, the work must go on. Which is why we used the car all this past week, haha. I love having a car in the mission. Bikes are nice but when you are straddling a bike seat for hours on in in the hot sun, it starts to take its toll. So the car has been nice lately. People are saying its suppose to start cooling down, which will be nice :)
Well, after transfers we now have some new additions to the zone, I'm in an awesome zone. Every missionary in it is great! A lot of variety, but as a whole we mesh and work really well together. The "theme" I guess you could say for this transfer is, "Not my will, but thine be done". Its a pretty dang good, scripture to work by. When we decided on this, it motivated all of us as a zone, me and elder blasko as a companionship, and especially me myself to want to work as hard as I can the next 5 weeks. I've read Luke 22:42 (Goal/Theme) everyday since district meeting to remind myself that it really is the lords will and not ours as the missionaries. Something I've learned is that working hard is great! But putting your trust in the lord, doing his will, and letting everything play out the way he wants and needs it to is way more important than just doing everything on your own pure will power. As I've put my trust in the lord and thought what his will is in everyday situations, I have found a lot of peace and rest. But yep, so thats got us all pumped up, so I think this is gonna be a good transfer!
This week I have seen many mini miracles, but I guess to share one, There is a guy named Abel that we've been teaching and meeting with, he has 5 kids and a wife, and he is such a great guy, he's basically already a member. But that is how he is now. About a month ago, so at the beginning of last transfer, Abel, the same man, was about the biggest anti-mormon dude you would find, and he told us multiple times that what we believed wasn't true and he didn't want to meet with us anymore. So about a week or so after we met with him for "the last time", me and Elder Blasko had the impression that we needed to go by Abel and talk to him. Both of us were like, "what the heck, he's not gonna wanna talk to us, he'll probably run us off with a pitchfork or something." But we had just studied that morning about listening to the promptings of the spirit and not delaying. So, we went by Abel. To make a long story short, we talked to Abel. He was not even the same person. His whole attitude towards us changed, he was kind, friendly, he was even cracking jokes! It was a straight miracle. And that's not even the craziest part. Since that first visit back, we have met with Abel every other day for the past 3 weeks or so, and each time we meet with him there is a clear and noticeable change that is taken place. His heart was softened and is continually being softened by the spirit and by the message of the restored gospel. He is so open to everything we teach him, and we are going to hopefully start teaching the entire family.
The gospel blesses families, the gospel changes people, and it can change lives. I know that much to be true because I've seen it. We didn't know that Abel would be ready to hear our message the second time around but the lord did, and by acting on the promptings of the spirit, we were able to do his will and not ours. I love being an instrument in the lords hands, it is a very special thing to me, and I know my love for this work will only grow each day.
I'm running out of time so I have to go, but I just want you all to know that I Love you and am praying for each of you! Thank you for all that you do for me. I look up to every single one of you, and I feel really lucky to be serving alongside missionaries like Abby and Katie, they are both such amazing girls and I Love em'! Tell S"mores and daisy I said hi, and give Scarlett a kiss on the head & hands for me!
Until next week. Godspeed!

Elder Page

No comments:

Blog Archive