13 PaGeS LoNg

WhErE tHe PaGeS oF tHiS bOoK nEvEr EnD



Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Loving it! ( Katie is there and very happy! )


HI EVERYBODY!!!! So they only give us 30 minutes to email and I need to make this quick! First off, I love England. The weather here is amazing. The people here are so cute with their accents. I seriously loove love love it y'all. Speaking of y'all, it's hard not to say that word. haha I make myself change it every time and my companion snaps at me to help me break the habit! haha so the lettuce here is gross. like ewh. The chocolate is YYUUUUMMMMMUUUUY, gotta be careful. Thank you guys so much for being so sweet and strong when I left the airport, you all are so amazing and I love you. I got the nicest seat on the plane to England it was fantastic.

Sorry if I blew up your inboxes! The computers here give me anxiety and make me nervous....haha too much pressure! I don't know if I'll get to email next week but I'll write :)
A few funny British things quickly
-pants=trousers
-trunk of car=boot
-don’t say crap
-butt=bum
sweed=yummy squash like veggie?
-a tramp=homeless person? weird....
-being posh is bad
-aluminum=al-loo-mee-ni-uhm

-I can fake a sweet British accent now, but it's kinda mingle with a New Zealand and Australian accents cause that's the other two I’m around all of the time!

My full email didn't get sent so here’s the rest. Again I love it to bits here, it is so posh ;) haha just kidding! But really, the spirit at the MTC is amazing. I'm learning so much & tomorrow we're going to talk to REAL people. I'm scared excited and putting all of my faith in my Heavenly Father all at once.
I read in 1Nephi 2:15 (that's in the Book of Mormon!) that Lehi 'dwelt in a tent'. That is one of the smallest verses I've ever read but the most powerful. I realized that exactly what I'm doing (well England isn't quite a tent) but I left everything I knew and loved to follow what the Lord needs me to do. This is difficult, but it's right. I know that by leaving home and coming all the way to England that I am doing EXACTLY what I am supposed to do right now. I know that and feel that so strongly. I'm grateful to know that the message I will share will bless people and bring them happiness, I am totally okay with 'dwelling in a tent' for now because of the happiness Heavenly Father's message will bring to people. His work and glory is now my purpose. I will go to bed EVERY night knowing that I did my best to bring His children back to him, and I love that.

Love you all so very much, be safe!
hopefully this email makes sense more!

Be safe! and please, please, please, give S’mores, Daisy, and sweet little Scarlett a kiss for me!

-Sista Milla (British!)


No comments:

Blog Archive