13 PaGeS LoNg

WhErE tHe PaGeS oF tHiS bOoK nEvEr EnD



Monday, September 22, 2014

Bus Passes will be the death of me...



So let me just start off this email with a positive note, I am being able to find a miracle in every single day (thank you kimber for the notebook!) But this week has been a week full of up's and down's, and it is downright difficult trying to stay on that up path!

I learned why missionary work is hard this week. It isn't because we have to get up early, we're out all day, I can't memorize 500 things in a week, or that it's cold. It's watching someone deny the Holy Ghost and watching them walk away from the Lord.

Remember that man last week who I could've sworn up and down that he was going to become a member? Yeah we met with him the next day and he told us that he had met some Jehovah witnesses and he was meeting with them the next AM. We taught him like normal, but he just didn't understand why we need to pray to our Heavenly Father to receive an answer if what we are teaching him was true. We bore our testimonies (where you say what you know is true about the church) and just asked him to pray that night. He still just couldn't understand it and really seemed like he didn't want to. We asked if we could meet up with him a few days later and he just didn't seem interested and told us he would let us know. We were walking away and Sister Hunter said to me "Welp, that's missionary work for ya" and I just broke down. I just couldn't comprehend that he denied the simple truths we were teaching him! It is just an awful feeling watching someone you care for turn away from the Lord. Sister Hunter and I went and talked about it and I feel a lot better about it now, but that is just difficult. I realized that I probably felt a drop of the sorrow that our Heavenly Father feels when we turn away from Him. I will never understand how he bares it all.

The only reason I was able to overcome that sorrow was through Christ's Atonement. It was the most comforting thing to pray that night to my Heavenly Father and give him all of the sorrow and pain I felt for that man, and I knew He would take it away from me. It's amazing how quickly Christ is there to lift you out of the water. That has to be one of my favourite stories in the Bible now; where Jesus asked Peter to walk on water, and he did. But then Peter panicked and started to sink. As soon as he started to sink he cried out to the Lord to save him, and IMMEDIATLY Christ out-stretched his hand and pulled Peter out of the water. I know that is exactly what the Saviour did for me this week, He pulled me out of the harsh waters the moment I asked him to.

The rest of the week I was determined to make it good! To have perfect faith and me and Sister Hunter were going to do the Lord's work! Haha I'm greatful we had that outlook because nothing went right! But we kept faith and I think we knocked on more doors than I had this whole year! Haha but by doing that we were being diligent and we never got down, as soon as one person said no, we went to the next, and the next, and the next. And guess what? No one was interested! But we kept on going and we caught the bus to our next appointment, and the Lord blessed me immensely for being so diligent. A lady sat down next to me and the first thing I thought was "awh man, bus contacting......" but then I just did it anyways. And I told her who I was and what I did and the next thing I knew she was in tears because a loved one had passed away 5 weeks ago. I bore my testimony that I know that she will be able to see them again, and that she can find comfort in the teachings of Christ. She gave my hand the tightest squeeze and asked all about church on Sunday!!! I was like about to jump outta my seat! We never did see her this Sunday at church but I know I planted a seed, and that is good enough for me :)

Lastly, I lost my stinkin' bus pass again.... so that's fun. But we went back yesterday to the street where we think I lost it and didn't find it, but ran into a man who had met missionaries before! He was super friendly and told us we could stop by if we're ever in the area. So there's a reason for everything, huh? I'm learning that lesson loads on my mission.

One rain storm this week for like 5 minutes...it's so weird! But man once the sun sets it is like put on as many layers as possible! I love it though! Also we have exchanges this week (so I'll go to a different area for a new day with one of the sisters in that area). I'm going to South Ribble which is where the first baptisms happened in England! And then Wednesday we have Zone activities (a zone is the group of missionaries within a certain area) or something in Liverpool so I get to hear that accent once again! I am so excited for the week to come, and to share to everyone we meet that this is Christ's church once again restored on this Earth. I am so greatful for that knowledge. Also, we've doubled our prayers as a companionship and it's making a world of difference, so I think y'all should try to double your own prayers this week and see how it goes :)

I love you all so much! Be safe!!!!

-Sista Milla

No comments:

Blog Archive