13 PaGeS LoNg

WhErE tHe PaGeS oF tHiS bOoK nEvEr EnD



Monday, December 22, 2014

Merry Christmas!!!

This was at a Christmas Party a family in the ward was throwing. They Love us Missionaries :)

Pictures that we took for the Christmas Card
This is a member's Sweet ride. He let us play on it for a bit.

Hello Everybody,

So this past week has been a week of Christmas spirit, love, joy, Miracles and everything in between. I don't have enough time to talk about it all, so I will do my best to give the highlights. So, it was Saturday and me and Elder Thorup were on exchanges, and since our district leader is in a trio he just came to our area and worked with us for the day. We decided the night before that we would go by this less active member at a certain time. We both had a feeling we needed to go by. So we went by and the member actually wasn't home, but her daughter was. So we thought okay maybe we were sent here for her daughter who wasnt a member. We shared the "He is the Gift" video with her. The spirit was present and she seemed to really like the short message we shared about Christmas afterwards. So thinking she was interested we asked if we could come back another day and share another message about Christ with her. To our surprise she turned down our offer, and said that it was a nice message we shared but that she wasn't interested to meet again. I myself was kinda disappointed because here it was going pretty good and then she wasn't interested. I thought we came to this house for her. But to end on a good note and to make the most out of the visit we asked her if there was anyone else she could think of that could use an uplifting message about Jesus Christ. She thought for a second and then said that her neighbor a couple of houses down could use a visit. She said his wife died a couple of months ago and his kids are having a hard time with it.
We knew as soon as she referred her neighbor that that was the reason we were sent to her home. So when we left we thanked her so much and went right over to the neighbors home. We knocked on his door and he immediately opened it up. Before we really said a word he invited us in. And to anyone who knows a thing about missionary work, this in and of itself was a miracle. So we went inside and began talking to him. His name is Mike, he's about 40ish years old, and he has two kids. We told him that we were going around sharing a special message about Christmas and the gift of the savior. He was more than happy to watch the video with us, so we gathered around his computer and watched it with him. The spirit was so strong in Mikes home.
I don't really know what else to say other than the spirit was there and after watching the video we sat back down at his dinner table and talked more with him. We asked him how he felt and he described feelings of the spirit. We then continued to share with him a message of Christmas and how Christ can help him in everything that he may be going through and will ever go through. And that through Christ all things that seem unfair can be made right through his atonement. He then told us a little bit about his wife and that she had passed away. Our visit wasnt too long all together but what we did share helped mike feel the spirit and feel the love of Heavenly Father. He asked if I could say a prayer before we left and so I said a simple prayer but I really tried to help Mike feel that someone was really there listening, and that that someone, Heavenly Father knew him. After the prayer we all looked up and Mike was tearing up. And then I started to tear up a little. Crying isn't new to me, but this experience with Mike was. I don't think I've felt the spirit stronger on my mission than I did at this time. I knew that God knew Mike and that he sent us there to help him and assure him that there is hope and peace, even in hard times. We set up a time to come back and meet with him. Before leaving Elder Thorup gave him a Plan of Salvation pamphlet, so that's probably what we'll teach him next friday.
I hope that you guys can feel something while reading this, because I am just continuing to see and realize that the Lord knows all of us, and that he numbers his sheep, and Mike is just one of those sheep. He is prepared. I know that I'm not a great teacher and I don't always know what to say, but I also know that if the Lord would have Mike except the gospel now that he will work through me and Elder Thorup and help us, as we're doing the best we can, having faith and just loving Mike.
I feel blessed to be a missionary. I'm thankful for Christ in Christmas, and to be able to share that with everybody we meet. I gotta go, but I Love You All So much and hope you guys have a Merry Christmas!
I cant wait to talk to yall on Thursday!! Its crazy that its already here, but I cant wait. Be safe, and keep being who yall are. Thank you for everything!

Until Thursday, Godspeed!!!


Love, Elder Page

The entire ward pitched into the annual "missionary Christmas loot"! We didnt know what to say, it was a surprise. But we made out like bandits! This ward is so good! It feels a little like home here. We are gonna do something special for them soon, to try and give back.


No comments:

Blog Archive