13 PaGeS LoNg

WhErE tHe PaGeS oF tHiS bOoK nEvEr EnD



Monday, December 15, 2014

John 3:16...



Hey Everybody!!!

This has been another Great week! I cant believe how fast Christmas is sneaking up on us. We had our ward Christmas party on Saturday! It was so much fun. There were a lot of people there, including an investigator that we were able to get there. Remember Jodi from last week, yep, she made it to the party, and this ward is just too good! They pounced on her, talked with her, made her feel welcome, she sat with (in my opinion) some of the best members of the ward, so she was in good hands! We ate food, sang Christmas songs all together and even had Santa come and visit. I think he came for the kids but I figured since I'm still a teenager I was allowed to go up and sit on his lap and take a picture with him, along with Elder Thorup, Elder Chase and Elder Vailea. It was so much fun. I don't have my camera with me right now unfortunately, but I'll be sure to send the pictures next week. So back to Jodi, she loved the members and the party so much that she came to church yesterday too! An awesome member volunteered to pick her up and take her. She had a good time and I think she felt the spirit throughout church. Church is always a spiritual experience, but I think it being this time of year, it was even stronger, which is really nice. We plan to go visit Jodi tonight and hopefully teach her, she is such a nice lady. She's had a hard past but I think she feels good about the gospel and that it can help her. We've also been able to meet and talk with Phyllis our other friend and investigator. She's a really nice lady too, she showed us her art work (paintings) after a lesson with her a few day ago. She's really good! One of the things that I'm learning as a missionary while finding and helping and getting to know people like Phyllis and Jodi is that I think before you just go in headstrong looking to baptize these people, its more important to first really get to know them, and their concerns, and their interests. The old saying speaks truth, "People don't care how much you know, until they know how much you care." And I think not only as a missionary but for everyone a good thing to think about and live by. People are always more open to learning and changing once they are comfortable with you and feel like you're their friend. And being on the other end, it means so much more to help and serve a friend then someone you barely know.

This work is a blessing, its hard, but I'm glad its not easy, because if it was I wouldn't grow. I know the scripture I chose this week is pretty generic, but I have really gained a more basic and powerful understanding of this scripture. The gospel in simple, our heavenly father loves us so much he gave us his son, so that through him we can be the kind of people and children he want us to become. Its so awesome being able to share this simple yet life changing message with people this time of year. I'm so excited for Christmas, and I'm glad that I am a missionary this time around, its neat. Well, I cant wait to see y'alls faces in a couple more weeks! I hope everybody's having a good start to their week. Be safe, pray often, and just smile. Its crazy what smiling can do, for yourself and for people who see it. But yep, I love You all So much. Merry Christmas!!!! And until next week! Godspeed!


Love, Elder Page

P.S. We're sending our Christmas cards off today, sorry their a little late, but y'all are gonna love em'

No comments:

Blog Archive