13 PaGeS LoNg

WhErE tHe PaGeS oF tHiS bOoK nEvEr EnD



Monday, December 8, 2014

I'm Learning to Listen up...

Trying to stay warm & dry

So this week has been a cold and wet one physically, but such a wonderful one spiritually!

We went to visit this women who had met with missionaries about a year ago and she just welcomed us in. We had planned to invite her to be baptized on Janrary third, and felt really right about it. We went in there and it turned into a venting session, as sometimes things do. She has had a really hard life, and especially past two years. I really do appreciate the trust though that people have in us. But a whole hour had passed by and we hadn't been able to talk about anything really gospel related with her. In some round about way she brought up faith, and then we went right back off the topic. When she started to share more of her story something was like "bring up baptism" and I immediately thought "that is INSANE, we haven't talked about anything and it's just not right". And then again something said "Sister Miller, invite her", and again I thought, "uhm nope, stop being so prideful and wanting to just ask her to be baptized. It's not all about that" and then before I thought to ask again she said "I've been reading a lot about baptism, I think that's something I'd like to do". Immediatly I wanted to crawl in a whole for being so stubborn, but then once I forgot about myself, I asked her if she would follow Christs example and be baptized. She immediately said yes.

I know that the voice that was telling me to invite her to be baptized was the spirit of the Lord, the Holy Ghost. I know that he speaks to us quietly, and sometimes so quietly that we don't even hear it. I know that the Lord wanted to teach me that it is important to listen, and listen well. He trusts me to do His work here in South Port for another six weeks, and I'm sure He expects nothing less than me to actually work and give my all. I know that the woman we taught was just waiting to be asked because it is so wonderful to enter the waters of baptism and to really be cleansed. I know that it really is something that we need to do in this life. I also know that Christ lives today, I really and truly do. I have found myself in him. This work is just too good!


Thanks for listening to me ramble on about missionary things, hopefully it doesn't bore y'all


Love Sister Miller

Sister Miller with her District

With their friend Averil

No comments:

Blog Archive