13 PaGeS LoNg

WhErE tHe PaGeS oF tHiS bOoK nEvEr EnD



Monday, December 1, 2014

It's Winter time! Really?...

Their Christmas Tree!!!



Hey everybody!

It's another week here in sunny California and the shingles are gone! The pain is no more! It's still clear that I had them, but I can't feel a thing, so I'm doing alright.

The new transfer begins tomorrow and me and Elder Thorup will be stickin with each other for Christmas! I'm so happy that we're staying together. I Love Elder Thorup, I've learned so much being with him, I've been able to teach him a thing or two, and overall we just work really well together. We are looking forward to good things to come over the next 6 weeks!

President Tew (our Mission Pres.) decided to pop in on our companionship study this past Tuesday!! We were kinda nervous at first, you know being the mission president and all, but it went really well. President Tew is a very personable, down to earth guy. He's very easy to get comfortable around, and the spirit is always present when he's around. While we were with him he talked to us about some of our investigators and how to best help them progress, so that was Great! But the overall topic we focused on was how to teach People, not Lessons. We really honed in on the fact that when teaching people we should really focus on their needs, their problems, and their concerns; then we are really able to apply the gospel to them and best help them progress and feel the spirit speaking to them personally. I learned so much even just in the hour/hour and a half we were with President.

So that was early in the week. Later on, I guess it was yesterday me and Elder Thorup felt like we should go by a member that's a single mom with three kids. We talked with her for a little while and just listened to how she was doing, and there was a really nice conversation. It wasn't until we left that she asked for a blessing because she had been having a hard time spiritually as well as physically. So we were able to give her a blessing, and be instruments for the lord in helping here. It was a really spiritual experience for me because it helped me realize that we as missionaries (servants of the lord) are just as much called to help and serve the members here than we are the our investigators and those still searching for truth and light. It was really humbling to know that the Lord can take someone like me and make me an instrument out of me for his divine work. I Love this work, to sum it up! I love it, and I love the people that I'm helping here. I just feel blessed.

Overall, from Monday to Sunday, this past week has been a really good one, full of funny moments, spiritual moments, and everything in between. The mission is something else y'all! But it's a blessing. I'm really excited to Skype in a few weeks! I can't wait to see all of your faces! And Daisy! Me and Elder Thorup should be sending out a Christmas card pretty soon here, so be lookin for it.

Christmas in California! Yep. Well, looks like my time is almost up, so I'll wrap up here, but I love you all. Thanks for all the continuous letters, packages, emails, ect. I'm a lucky kid. Get into the Christmas spirit and don't forget the true meaning behind it all, it can be hard sometimes but just remember.

The church is going hard with this new "He's the Gift" Initiative. Go to Lds.org and watch the video they've come out with if you haven't already. Its Really Good!

Anyways, I Love You Guys. I hope you all have a good week, and be safe!

Until next week! Godspeed!

Love, Elder Page


It actually got chilly enough for a sweater :)

No comments:

Blog Archive