13 PaGeS LoNg

WhErE tHe PaGeS oF tHiS bOoK nEvEr EnD



Monday, December 29, 2014

I love me some England...

it snowedddddddddd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just have really really loved this past week, it's been a weird one, but a wonderful one.
So what I really want to talk about is how the gospel changes people. I think one of the biggest perks of being a missionary is seeing people change, even myself. So there is this man Collin, and me and Sister Cross met him the first day she was here when we were on the way to get her bus pass. Collin is such a humble humble man, and he just loves to serve others! So last week he came to our ward Christmas party, and he put with all of the loud children with Santa and the singing of Frozen. Then the next Monday we went and saw the place that he works and volunteers. Then the next day we were finally able to teach him about how Christs church has been restored on the Earth today. At first glance it seemed like it was going to take a long time to help him become more comfortable with us, but by the end he had completely opened up. He had been softened by the spirit. The most amazing thing about meeting Collin is the before we went to go teach him me and Sister Cross were wondering what he needed most, and both of us just felt like he needed to know that there is a God, and that He loves us, and wants us to come unto Him. When we taught him it turns out that he didn't even know if there was a God, and that by the end of the lesson he had been so intent on praying. I just LOVE seeing people soften and change, and I'm sure that's only a drop compared to how happy and excited Heavenly Father gets to see us progress. This work changes people, I see it every single day. Thank goodness it changes people or else I'd be stuck! Haha like when I first came out I was almost in tears when people really shot us a dirty look, but now I am able to walk (semi-fearlessly) into someones front garden with them staring at me, no smile, and not very happy to see me. But there we are, us crazy Sister Missionaries just smiling along completely unaware that this person is not happy to see us, and when they tell us no, and no very forcefully, we just tell them that we love them and walk away with the same smiles. This work is about trusting the Lord, and knowing that He will change people if we only allow him to.

I hope you all have a wonderful new year, and don't dwell on this past year, but learn from it and draw strength that with the savior all things are possible.

Love y'all, Sister Miller :)


This was at the Christmas dinner, and that's Sister Hunter and Ammicia! sister a is sister crosses old companion and now her and Sister Hunter are together!


No comments:

Blog Archive