13 PaGeS LoNg

WhErE tHe PaGeS oF tHiS bOoK nEvEr EnD



Monday, November 17, 2014

I like running...


Okay, so this week has just FLOWN by, it's so scary how some weeks just go by and you don't even notice it! Haha I also swear that this week, I have been so grateful that I like to run, and can run quickly if I need to. We have ran for more buses and trains this week that ever before, we look like crazy people! But we have to because if we miss it, we're set back at least half and hour! So not worth it! And plus president challenged us to not waste time, so does that count?

This week we had a wonderful opportunity to have interviews with President and Sister Ulrich to be trained by the assistants and zone leaders. I struggled the week before last and was determined for that training to give me the tools I needed to get out of my slump, it so did!!! I was also challenged by one of the Assistants (so the assistants are missionaries who work really closely to the mission president) to really get out of my comfort zone, and put myself into the situations that are so awkward, such as talking to someone while they're waiting in their car, or talking to groups of people, and also to NEVER waste time. Which means talking to everyone, everywhere. I tried just this, and tried so hard everyday. I went and got in uncomfortable(and safe) situations, and really was able to grow and love the people in Southport even more. I had such a strong desire to talk to everyone haha, it was so odd! Sister Hunter wants to kill me, but secretly she loves that I'm determined. I loved the excitement I've felt in sharing the gospel this past week. We haven't got a new investigator (someone who really wants to learn more) yet, but I think the Lord was asking us to "prepare every needful thing" and then if we keep preserving and loving the people, and trying our best align our will with the Lords, then I know that he will trust us enough to bring His children back to Him.


We also had a devotional last night at the chapel and were asked to sing...just me and sister hunter...scariest yet more wonderful experience! Haha I swear when you're on a mission you are really just here to serve in every single way, even if it means to share your deep voice with the people of south port.


I am grateful for all that the Lord gives me, and for the trust he has placed in me.


Be safe, and I love you all!


-Sister Miller XX



No comments:

Blog Archive