13 PaGeS LoNg

WhErE tHe PaGeS oF tHiS bOoK nEvEr EnD



Monday, November 10, 2014

2 Nephi 31:9...


So Hey everybody!

This past week has been a busy one for sure. On Monday-Tuesday I went on exchanges with a new Elder named Elder Whitworth. He is such a cool missionary, he's really humble, but can crack a joke or two. Lets just say he has a sense of humor that would fit in nicely with the Page family. We had a great time working in his area. The area him and his companion cover is basically all of Buena Park, and part of Anaheim. They actually ride the buses to and fro, so I got my first look at the city bus. It was pretty cool, we got the chance to talk to some people at the stops as well as on the buses. Its hard sometimes though because a lot of people don't really want to talk on the bus. We walked a lot and it was pretty hot that day, but all in all, it was a great exchange and it was a learning experience. I love working with other missionaries, because you get to learn from someone else, you get to see how the work can be done differently and more than anything you get to see how the gospel and missionary work has effected all different personalities and people.

So that was early on in the week; later on on Friday, me and Elder Thorup got to go to Long Beach back to my old area to see Renee (that woman with the two kids, that me and Elder Blasko were teaching) get Baptized!!! it was so awesome going back and seeing the members and Renee and some of the other missionaries in my last Zone there! Even though I've only been away from there for about a month. Renee's entire family was there, her 8 yr old son will probably be getting baptized in a couple of weeks. It really was a blessing getting to go back and witness such an amazing thing. From the time I got to Long Beach (my first night actually) to my very last lesson there, I got to see Renee change. The gospel truly changes lives, because through Christ and His atonement people are able to change and then by living the gospel, peoples lives change.

I guess it was nice to end the week on that note because throughout the week me and Elder Thorup were facing an abnormally large amount of adversity and to put it best, persecution. People were just really rude, an old man even tried to stomp us out with his 4 pegged cane. I'm telling you people are crazy, and sometimes just for lack of a better word, MEAN. But hey, all they are are mean. It's only strengthened my testimony really. Facing that all week long and then going to Renee's baptism put everything into perspective. Whether in California or England People will always say unkind words and say we're crazy and we're wrong, and we don't know, BUT that doesn't change the fact that the church is true. Jesus Christ lives and is at the head of His church, and he has asked all of us to spread His gospel and to do His work.

I love this work, I love that even in times of trial and adversity we can feel Gods love and His approval of our desires and efforts. I love you guys, I really do. This work would be a lot harder if it wasn't for the constant prayers and support and love. So Thank You.

I've gotta go, my times about up, but I want y'all to know I'm doing good, and I'm staying safe. Can't wait to write again next week! until then. Godspeed!


Love, Elder Page

No comments:

Blog Archive