13 PaGeS LoNg

WhErE tHe PaGeS oF tHiS bOoK nEvEr EnD



Monday, November 24, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving...


So hello!

This week was just insanely fast, it's so scary!


This week was full of excitement and trusting the Lord.
So remember that man who made me question everything I know? We saw him again yesterday.
I was downright worried. But also determined to not leave the situation sad, downtrodden, or disheartened. I was going to love that man and there was not a thing he could do about it! We brought a different member with us and right away the whole lesson was a 180 compared to when we met with him over a month ago. He didn't over analyse, he didn't jot notes, and we were actually in control of the lesson. The spirit was actually there and I felt like this man was listening. When we left the lesson I was just giddy with the way everything went, and just greatful beyond words. I felt like I had jumped a hurdle that I never thought I would be able to clear. I know that the whole discussion went well because of the Lord, there is not a doubt in my mind. I spent much time in prayer, preparing for this, and pleading with the Lord for the strength to love this man and just see him as he really is; someone searching. I also am greatful for this man, in the fact that he does make me doubt, and question. That's just how the human mind works, we want to know everything. But it's impossible. The only person who knows all is our Heavenly Father. Doubts I think make us stronger, because it has made me grateful for the truths that I know. And I think that by fully trusting in the Lord and relying on the moments when I've felt the Holy Ghost teach me and testify to me what is true, that I am being faithful. I think what sums up my experience with this man is " And I said unto him: I know that he loveth his children; nevertheless, I do not know the meaning of all things." -1 Nephi 11:17 (it's in the Book of Mormon, page 20). I know that God loves us so much, and I know that He needs me to have that same love for this man, and every other person I come into contact with. I am grateful that the Lord trusts me to love His children in Southport.

Please be safe! And have a good thanksgiving! Were actually celebrating it because some members in the ward actually lived in the US for 10 years, and they took on the tradition, so YAY!

-Love Sister Miller

No comments:

Blog Archive