13 PaGeS LoNg

WhErE tHe PaGeS oF tHiS bOoK nEvEr EnD



Monday, November 3, 2014

"God Bless America, Darlin!"...


En el lunes pasado, we made root beer floooooaats!! I was so beyond excited. We went to the grocery store like normal and suddenly, there was A&W root beer and I literally freaked out and bought it. And I enjoyed every single sip/bite of my float :) AND Hermana Hansen carved a pumpkin for Halloween! It was an eventful day.

I love my district leader. We literally have the best district leader ever. He really cares about our success, pero más allá que solo numbers. He prays and fasts and tries to follow the spirit to help and lead every one of us in his district. And he´s newer in the mission (6 meses), so he´s really nervous and funny still.

But something that happened yesterday was that Hermana Hansen and I kinda ended the semana a little down hearted and a little of that stuff for how the semana had gone and our work and all that jazz. And we were talkin to Elder Passey (LdD) about it, and he really gave us inspired advice in order to feel better. Su advice: fast more frequently and "mix things up funky". And he ordered us to start it right then by mixing up our beds/changing their placement. He said that sometimes, ya gotta change up the routine so you don´t get disanimated and routine-y. So now I am happy to announce that Hermana Hansen and I invented a new system of bunk-beds and so we now have bunk beds haha. But I am excited to "get funky with it" and enjoy this week!


Crazy John. A crazy abuelo chileno with a greencard for the States contacted us the other day. And he was telling us about how he lived there and all that, and Hna. Hansen and I would say "wow, are you serious" (ya know, just to be like wow that´s cool), but I guess he didn´t understand and so after we would say that we would yell at us and say "why don´t you guys believe me?! I´m not a liar! here, look at my laundry bag..it has english words." Haha and than afterwards crazy John got in a taxi to leave, but as he was leaving he rolled down the window, stuck half his body out, and shouted "GOD BLESS AMERICA, DARLIN...drive drive drive!" And then he drove away.

Just goes to show that every day can be an adventure.

I pray for y´all siempre.

Love always and always,

Hermana Abigail Page

The Beautiful Area she is now serving in:

No comments:

Blog Archive