13 PaGeS LoNg

WhErE tHe PaGeS oF tHiS bOoK nEvEr EnD



Monday, October 6, 2014

Poland...




Helllo all!
This week was really great! I just love being here and knowing that I am really doing the Lords work.
So right when we got here we met this Polish women, and we had hoped that we would teach her, so we got a polish Book of Mormon, but we never taught her so that book was just chillen in out flat.

Fast forward to this past Thursday we were about to leave for an hour to go finding (find people who we will be able to teach) and while Sister Hunter was getting ready I just had this thought "maybe I should bring the polish BOM (book of Mormon). So I did, and didn't really think much of it. We said a prayer, and then went out to work! We ran into this lady at a bus stop, not interested. Met this couple sitting on a bench (we awkwardly approached), and lo and behold they were 'just leaving' to go to a Christian meeting. Kept on walking to try and say hello to a women walking her dog, and she didn't say two words to us. Then we decided to talk to this man on a bench thinking 'what's the harm?'. We started to talk to him and he seemed weirded out (can ya blame him?) and his voice didn't sound English. Sister Hunter asked where he was from...... POLAND!!!!! I about hopped out of my skirt I was so amazed! I immediately was like "oh you're from poland?!?!" and sister hunter thought I was strange for being so excited about that until I whipped the polish BOM outta my bag. We immediately were about to start teaching him about it (well sister hunter did a lot of the talking because I was still too amazed that I actually followed a prompting from the spirit, and had seen the result immediately) and he was just so great! He's lost his family to an accident, and he really found comfort in what we were saying. His English isn't the best, but we were still able to set up a time to meet with him the next day!

The next day came and he didn't come...which was dissapointing but we both felt like that wasn't the last time we would see him. Then we went and helped out some members and then were going to catch a bus home. Usually sister hunter and I sprint to catch a bus if it's a close call, but this afternoon, we didn't even budge. We both just kept our slow pace and let the bus go on without us. As we were waiting for the next one we were both like "what in the world? Why didn't we bother to catch that bus? I guess we're just tired". And then the next bus came and lo and behold, we see the polish man!!!! Right as we were getting on!!! We were able to set another time and we left him with the Plan of Salvation pamphelt (a pamplet that talks about who you are, why you're here, and where you're going) in polish of course! Then later on he didn't show up...again. But again, even though it's so discouraging, we know we will see him again, I just know the Lord won't let that man go without His guidence.

But as we were walking home from the kind of let down, South Port was shooting fireworks (I don't know why, the british like to celebrate) and this women who was watching them near her home stopped us and asked if we knew why they were shooting fireworks off. We got to talking to her and her accent didn't sound English. We asked where she was from and guess what... she's from POLAND! Haha I just cannot get over how great the polish people are. She was so great and she has been trying to connect with Christ and she's been looking for a way to do that, and then she met us! She recognized that it wasn't a coincidence! And we have a return appointment with her :)

The work here in South Port really is progressing, and we really are having to 100% rely on the Lord. It's the most I've ever done. I just looove it. Never forget that mighty prayer really does make a difference, I've seen it so much these past few weeks. I know that by praying, with sincerity and a real intent to act on the answer we get, the Lord will guide us and comfort us through all. I am jsut so greatful for the love I have for Him and this work.

Sister Miller

No comments:

Blog Archive