13 PaGeS LoNg

WhErE tHe PaGeS oF tHiS bOoK nEvEr EnD



Tuesday, October 14, 2014

On the Road Again...

Hermana Page with her "Momma" and her new Companion Hermana Hansen



Welp ladies and gents, after almost 8 months en La Serena, I was sent south for the summer! Now I am in an area named Placilla, en the zona of Valparaíso! I´ve never had a big city in my zone, so that´s different, but I do like it! The ward here is SO focused in on missionary work! But seriously!! Every thing that they do has that focus, and it is so cool! There´s just a new life and light in the ward! I love it! My companion´s name is Hermana Hansen, from Washington state. She´s just the bee´s knees and very sweet, and I can feel that we are gonna have a great time together! And after zone conference and general conference and consejo con Presidente, I am ready to get rockin and rollin!
The bus trip from the north to the south of the mission, has some of the prettiest views ever! Seriously! If you ever have free time, we should drive the Chilean highway! Country, and farms, and cliffs and ocean and lighthouses and sunsets over the pacific and mountains and valleys...oh my! :)

Also, I am glad for a new adventure. Yes, it was sad to leave La Serena and my familias there, but I felt that I wasn´t going to progress more there. I had reached a point where I needed a change (the same thing that happened in Limache). So I am grateful that the Lord knows my heart and sent me to where I am now :) Besides, He sent Hermana Barros in my place up there to La Serena con Hermana Cook, so I know that everything will be okay in my momma´s hands, right?

After general conference, all the elders were sayin "ohh, 6 meses...we´re gonna be at conference again before we know it!" And then, suddenly, I realized that I don´t have more conferences in the mission. And for the first time in my whole mission I realized how much time I have. And also how much time I have left...and it´s not too much.. :( Also from the pulpit in the cambios meeting, President called me a "veteran" in the mission....ahhhhhh nooooo! No no, I´m still a youngin! A baby practically! But anyways, enough with my denial. Now there´s no time to waste, and I am ready to sprint....my (exactly) 4 month sprint from today until I´m huggin Daddy in the Charlotte Douglas airport. One companion told me that if you get to the end of the race and you´re not dead, you could have run faster. So here I am now...get mark, get set, GO!

Love you all so much! Have a fantastic week, and enjoy a good ´ole North Carolina fall day for me, porfis!

Love always and always,

Hermana Abigail Page

No comments:

Blog Archive