13 PaGeS LoNg

WhErE tHe PaGeS oF tHiS bOoK nEvEr EnD



Monday, October 20, 2014

I'm in Anaheim??? I'm in Anaheim!!!...



So this past week (first week of the new transfer) has been quite the week. A great week, but a busy week as well. So to start off; it turns out that the area I'm in right now (Cypress 4th) covers three different cities, the areas only about 6 blocks, but it covers Cypress (including Cypress College & YSA), Buena Park, and Anaheim!!! Its crazy, but I'm in the heart of Orange county, basically the same exact place Dallin served almost 7 years ago! I Love it here though. It's way different geographically and people wise, than Northern Long Beach. It's super up scale/high class. It's pretty much gated community left and right, which makes the work kinda hard, but we're making due with what we have to work with! We have been doing A lot of less active work here over the past week. The ward and the members here are Awesome! the Ward is pretty good size and they love helping us out. We go out on splits 3 nights out of the week, which is great. A big difference from my last area, we're gonna need all the help we can get though. There is So much Diversity here though, there are a lot of Vietnamese, Japanese, African, European, Hispanic, this place has got everything! The other elders in the ward (we split the ward) are starting to teach a really nice woman from Cameroon! Overall, I am really excited to work with the people of this area.
My new companions name is Elder Thorup, he is one of the most christ like people Ive ever met. He is a bit quiet, but we're perfect for each other. When he does say something its usually either really profound, or just flat out hilarious. I Love him! He is big into music (classical) mainly. He was drum Major for his high school in Colorado and he is very talented. He really Likes drum core, especially Carolina Crown! (Shout out to Caleb). He can also sing. He sang all by himself in sacrament meeting on Sunday, he's got the voice of an angel! We are working really well together, when we walk on the street at night, we sing hymns, it's so great! I have just felt really happy, and hopeful since I've been here. I have a good feeling about the good that will come over the next few months.
Well, that's pretty much the rundown of the last 6 days. I am doing really good, and I know that the work is the same no matter where I go, and I'm ready and excited to keep it going while I'm here. I feel really blessed.
Well I Love you all!!! I miss you guys so much, and I cant wait to talk and see yall on Christmas! Its coming up! But keep doing good, know that Im praying day and night for each of you, thank you for all you guys do for me, it means more than I can say. I Love yall and will have more next week! Until then. Godspeed!

Love, Elder Page

P.S. We can see lights from Disneyland at night! :)

No comments:

Blog Archive