13 PaGeS LoNg

WhErE tHe PaGeS oF tHiS bOoK nEvEr EnD



Monday, October 13, 2014

D&C 1:38


Zone Meeting


Hey Everybody!!!
So a lot has happened over the past week. I guess I should just cut right to the juicy news. I'm being transferred to Cypress! My trainer is staying in Long Beach, and I'm peacing out. We were so shocked. We figured, if we both didn't stay, that Elder Blasko would leave (since he's been here for 6 months already) and I would have to take over the area. But plot twist, I am going to be heading to Cypress on Tuesday morning and my new Companion's name is Elder Thorup. I have heard only great things about him so I'm excited!!!! He has been out a little less than a year I think, but I'm really excited to learn from him and work with him. At first I was kinda bumbed, and actually really nervous, because I knew that it would be a big change, and I felt like me and Elder Blasko were just getting things going here in our area. But it was yesterday I was reading and D&C 1:38 came up and this scripture put everything into perspective for me. I realized that even though I have come to love Elder Blasko and love working with him, even though I have come to know the area and love the ward, it is time for me to leave, and it is how everything is suppose to happen. This Really is the Lords work, it is all in his timing and his plans. He knows us (the missionaries) and He knows the rest of his children (those that we are finding and teaching), and whatever he asks me to do, and wherever he calls me to serve, I should be willing and ready to go.
The message we share, the gospel is the same, throughout the world, in every mission, out of every missionaries mouth, the word is the same, and if He needs me in Cypress at this time in my mission, then I need to be there. I am really learning, and still learning, to truly trust in the Lord and his timing in all things. But I am finding a lot of peace, comfort and strength in my weaknesses, trials, and afflictions. Without these things we would never grow, we would never progress, but because as a missionary and servant of the Lord I get to experience these things, I KNOW that He is helping me become the kind of person I want to be and He wants and needs me to be.
I have Loved serving in Long Beach the past 3 months, and I am Super Excited to keep on serving in Cypress. An investigator of me and Elder Blasko's (Renee) is most likely getting baptized this next transfer, so if that happens I will get to go back to Long Beach and see her get baptized. She has an 8 year old son, and a 17 year old daughter who are probably going to be baptized too so It is going to be Awesome!!! I cant wait! All I can say is that the gospel changes Lives, it Really Really does. I can''t even describe it. Most of the time its a very gradual change, but in the end, changes are seen in people, and they are always happier with the gospel than without it. I feel so blessed to be apart of a change like this in someones life, and I am looking forward to contiuing to do this throughout my mission.
I can't wait to send pictures of the new area and my new companion. Keep praying for me, keep sending pictures, and keep doing what y'all are doing, because I know its good :) I Love You Guys, all of you! I'll write next week, with more pictures! But until then. Pray as often as your knees permit, Love Everyone All the time, and laugh a lot. Laughter is everything I'll tell ya!
Godspeed!!!

- Elder Page

No comments:

Blog Archive