13 PaGeS LoNg

WhErE tHe PaGeS oF tHiS bOoK nEvEr EnD



Monday, January 26, 2015

I'm lovin' it...


Hey everybody!!!

This past week has been a memorable one. To start off, me and Elder Adams are getting along Great! We Love working with one another, and the work is definitely picking up here. I think we work well with each other because we both like to joke and laugh and all that jazz, but we know when we need to get down to the nitty gritty, by working hard and doing what the spirit prompts us to do. I have just felt good all week!

The spirit has truly been my constant companion, and I am seeing that more and more each day. We got a car this week and I get to be the "designated driver" which is nice because I've always wanted to drive on California freeway. Not really, but it is nice to drive again, it feels weird, but I like it. We're actually driving a ford fusion, so we're rollin wit the big boys ($teah Money/Dad) Sorry, I had to throw that one in there. I almost forgot about all of that, but we can't so there you go.

Anyway, with the car now, we are getting so much more done, we're able to get from one place to another so fast, of course we do try and walk as often as we can, so we stay in shape. We are continuing to work with Mike, we plan on going by tonight actually. He seems to be doing really well. We have also been working with a less-active family that lives pretty close to Mike. They are one of my favorite families in the entire ward. We plan to try and get the less active husband to come and help us teach Mike, because him and Mike are pretty close and we love both of them. So what better scenario then to have both uplift and strengthen one another.

Elder Rasband came on Saturday. I don't even know what I want to say about that experience. Elder Rasband was called by the Lord through Thomas s. Monson, I don't doubt it at all. As soon as he entered the room, the spirit was felt. As he began talking we could just feel the influence of the spirit. He told us how much President Monson Loves us, and he said that we were only a handshake away from the prophet of God. He had just came from meeting with President Monson a couple of days prior. It was such a special experience. He focused his thoughts around missionary work, and specifically a talk he gave a few conferences ago. It was so weird but cool to hear him speak to me in person. Elder Rasband is a very powerful speaker, he is humble, he is loving, and he is just a regular husband & father. That is what is so amazing to me that the Lord really does call those that are humble, able to be molded and shaped, and he refines them to become something more. That's what I saw in Elder Rasband, and its the greatest opportunity to be apart of that as a missionary. I feel it everyday.

So one last thing before I have to go. Last night, me and Elder Adams were going by some people who supposedly lived on this one street. We looked and looked and we finally figured the address didn't even exist. We were kinda discouraged because we went all the way there to have this happen. But as we were walking back to the car, we ran into these two kids. They turned out to be best friends, seniors in high school living with each other. We started talking to them. We told them who we were and what we do as missionaries. They asked about our families and things we like to do. We asked them a lot of questions about plans after high school, their families, and their interests. They really opened up. We explained how the gospel has blessed us, and that we aren't different than the are. That we're all Gods children and He is reaching out to us. They seemed interested in what we were sharing and we ended up getting their information and they said to stop by soon so that we can talk more with them.

The reason I wanted to share this experience is really to show that the Lord is mindful of all of us, our plans, others plans, the timing of everything. And I'm really gaining a testimony of His Timing. As long as we are where we need to be, the Lord will do the rest. We simply opened our mouths, and by the end of our time with these two friends, Me and Elder Adams said how we felt like they were our friends. That's what the gospel of Jesus Christ can do, it unites and brings people together. I really believe that.

I love being a missionary, its scary, and hard, and awkward sometimes, but at the end of each day its always Sweet. Sorry if this email was kinda scattered. I hope you all know I'm doing well, and its because of all of you. Thank you for ALL that you do for me. I feel your love. Thank you so Much. I love Y'all. I'm still praying for y'all!

Until next week. Be safe! Be Happy, and have a good one. Godspeed!!!


Love, Elder Page

No comments:

Blog Archive