13 PaGeS LoNg

WhErE tHe PaGeS oF tHiS bOoK nEvEr EnD



Monday, January 5, 2015

2015 is my favorite...



Let me just start off by saying that I am so privileged to have this next year to serve the Lord with all of my heart, might, mind, and strength!

This past week has been amazing. Remember Colin? We saw him on Monday and he had actually wrote me and Sister Cross a letter (because he has a hard time expressing what he's feeling vocally) but basically the letter talked about how he was terrified to come to church because he used to see churches as a cult with a really big following, so that's why he didn't come last Sunday. We then got a phone call from him on Tuesday, and let me just say that Heavenly Father truly is aware of all of us, and cares about us all; because Colin said that night that he realized how much Jesus loves the world. He said he didn't know where it came from ( but we do ;) ) and then we helped him to understand that because Christ loves us so much, and that he even loves Colin. This really touched Colin, and he then said that he felt comfortable in church. WHAT? 24 hours ago he wasn't comfortable period, and now he is ready? I was in awe. The Lord works wonders. And then came Sunday morning and he still wasn't there, so we went in at 10 and sat reaaaallly close to the doors, and then right in the middle of the opening hymn, he popped his head in the front door and started to turn around! We jumped out of our seats so fast! Haha and we were able to help him relax and come into the meeting room. He looked so uncomfortable! But I knew that all I could do was pray, so that's what I did. I just pleaded with all of my heart for him to feel comfortable. He didn't think that he'd stay for the whole 3 hours, but he did!!! And by the end of it he was telling our bishop that he'd see him again next Sunday. There was also a missionary fireside (like a little meeting) Sunday night in Manchester and Colin said he would love to go. Me and sister cross were calling around like nobodies business and NO one was able to give us a lift. We just felt so downtrodden and discouraged, because person after person said no. We then finally realized that is wasn't the Lord who didn't want us to go, but the adversary. After a long bout of prayer and searching we got a lift, and Colin LOVED it. He was so touched and humbled. And by the car ride home he was saying things like "so our church" and "what do we think of this?" I just want to run and shout I'm so happy!!! I've just realized this week that you know what? All we have to do is be willing and ready to be the Lords hands, and He will use us. I feel so humbled every single day when I realize what a responsibility this is. I'm sorry this email is a book, but I just LOVE this work!
love Sister Miller

No comments:

Blog Archive