13 PaGeS LoNg

WhErE tHe PaGeS oF tHiS bOoK nEvEr EnD



Monday, January 19, 2015

1 Nephi 8:10


Hey Everybody,

So this past week has been a pretty wild one! Its been a lot of change, adjusting and growing. I can't believe it's already been a week since the new transfer began, and since Elder Adams came to join me here in Cypress.
To start off let me talk a little bit about Elder Adams, He is from Australia, he has been out on his mission for 4 1/2 months, he comes from a family of his two parents and one younger brother, he is super hard working, very neat and organized, proper, he has a good sense of humor, and over all he is just a really cool lovable guy. I'm really excited to be able to serve with him and work with him here for the next 6 weeks!

This past week we've been able to do a lot of really good work! Elder Adams is already helping me learn a lot, and I'm helping him in a lot of areas as well. I know that the Lord really is over this work and each and every one of his servants because I know me and Elder Adams being with each other will be a good experience for the both of us. I have just felt really good this past week, there have been rough patches like there is everyweek, because that's when we grow, but this week has had a really pleasant feel to it! I'm ready and excited for the week to come.

So, I know that things have been kinda up and down with the investigator Mike over the past month or so, but I have to say that we have seen miracles over here, one of them being Mikes progression over this past week. So on thursday night we decided to go by Mike. We had a member (Brother Dickenson) with us, so we were really looking forward to getting in and seeing Mike. We weren't expecting to stay long, mainly just to drop off the talk "Come & See" that dad had suggested this past week, so we gave it to him. But before we could say anything else he invited us to sit down and stay for a while, right at this point I was already surprised! So we stayed and talked for a good while. We talked about the Book of Mormon and Prayer. We've talked about it before with Mike but this time around it seemed to hit him harder than normal. Having a member there testifying of its purpose, importance, and power Really was needed! We all made good comments that helped Mike see and understand a little better the divinity of the book, and the power of prayer. Before we left we invited him to pray to his Heavenly Father and ask if the things that he has learned and will read that night are true and good, and something he can really be blessed from. So he did just that. It was a short, simple prayer but the spirit was so strong! I was just praying in my heart that his prayer would be answered in the Lord's timing! We then left and said we would stop by over the next few days. Sorry this is long and very detailed, I promise its necessary. (I feel like Abby telling a story). The next day we were actually over at his neighbors house a less active family giving service and on our way back home from the service activity, Mike was outside Painting. We were so excited to see him! We started talking and he brought up the "Come & See" talk we gave him. He read it, and he said it was the best thing we've given him to read besides the Book of Mormon. He said it really opened his eyes and explained why we have been sharing with him the message of the gospel and coming by. It was so comforting and a relief to know that he liked it, and that it touched him! We felt like we should invite him to come by the church this week and we can show him around and kind of get him comfortable with it all. This is the real miracle, from before saying that he didn't want us teaching him, to now accepting the invitation to come to the church was so crazy, but I just knew that little did we know the Lord was and still is working with Mike, and because we chose not to give up, we can still help Mike come unto Christ little by little and hopefully help him see the goodness of all of what we are sharing with him! Hopefully everything goes well and his heart continues to open and soften. I'm just excited for Mike and what the Lord has prepared for him. Just please keep praying! Sorry this was So stinking Long! I hope I got my excitement and hope across, Haha. That was definately the highlight of this past week, but there are other good things happening and coming. The Savior knows us all, and knows each area of his vineyard, I know that he is watching over all of his sheep.

Keep the Faith, Remember to Smile, Pray, and Don't Stop Believing! I Love you guys so much! Have a Great week!
Love, Elder Page

P.S. I plan on calling Lisa Bell today! So hopefully we can set up a time to meet her for lunch this week! Im really excited about that

P.P.S. This week we are expecting Elder Rasband to come and speak to the mission!!!! Its gonna be awesome. I'll make sure to include some things I learned in next weeks email.

P.P.P.S. It's so sad to see the Suburban go. But that new car will be good and be a part of many more adventures and journeys. I Look forward to riding in it!

No comments:

Blog Archive