13 PaGeS LoNg

WhErE tHe PaGeS oF tHiS bOoK nEvEr EnD



Monday, January 19, 2015

Let's throw a South African in Europe...



Hello! This week has been a wonderful spiritual blur! My new companion is Sister Hall! She is from Johannesburg South Africa. She is 19 as well, and her family are strong members of the church. I just love her! Ha ha also, it is really funny to watch her adjust to the weather, in the most kind and loving way. She has never had to wear a proper coat, and so our first day out, she just could not believe how windy, cold, and wet it was! The only thing she could relate to was the hail ha ha, but surprisingly the hail here is waaay small compared to what the have in South Africa. This is so weird, but I KNEW she would be my companion! Me and Sister Hunter once looked up the England Manchester mission on Mormon.org and Sister Hall's profile popped up. As soon as I saw her I was like yep, I'm going to train her. And then come Wednesday, they called her name, and then called mine, and now we're companions! I just know if the Lord gave me such a witness that she would be my companion, then we're meant to be together. It's so amazing how much being unified with your companion can make a difference. Everything you do and say really does hinge off of whether or not your companion are unified, because if we're unified, then we're happy, which means we'll have the spirit with us, and then everything else just goes smoothly. The best thing that I've found in helping me be unified with my companions is to pray vocally for them, every single prayer. It has helped me to remember that it isn't just me doing the work, but that it is US and that we're both in this together.

Sorry for that long tangent, I just love my companions :)

Also Colin is doing so well, I can really feel the love and prayers from everyone helping him along. Thank you VERY much. Colin will be baptized this Saturday at half seven, please keep him in your prayers :)

Another miracle was Caroline! Her friend in Utah wanted to get her a Book of Mormon, so he sent her address and phone number to the church so they could get her one, and then one day we just got her information (yes, I understand that sometimes missionary work is a little odd, but hey, whatever works?) and we called her, and she is just the most friendly person ever! She invited herself to church basically, and she loved it. She then invited us to go to her church that night, so we went! (It was a church of England church, very lovely) And you know what? It is just the best thing EVER to have mutual respect of each others beliefs. But she is genuinely searching, and it is just amazing that people literally just fall out of the wood works. Heavenly Father works in ways that I will never understand, but I am grateful that He knows all, and is over all. In (the Book of Mormon, page 17) 1 Nephi 9:6 it says "But the Lord knoweth all things from the beginning; wherefore, he prepareth a way to accomplish all his works among the children of men; for behold, he hath all power unto the fulfilling of all his works. And thus it is. Amen."
The Lord is over all, always trust Him, and pray often to Him.
Sister Miller

No comments:

Blog Archive