13 PaGeS LoNg

WhErE tHe PaGeS oF tHiS bOoK nEvEr EnD



Monday, August 17, 2015

There is sunshine in my soul...

So, if you couldn't tell from the title of this email, I've been pretty happy this past week. It's gonna be hard to express through an email just how happy I am and why im happy but I'll try. So I can't believe its already been a week in my new area with Elder Prisbrey. Elder Prisbrey is Awesome! To say the least. He is Funny, Loving, patient, humble and just all around a great missionary. We have already said how over and over again how excited we are to be companions for the next 5 weeks. We have had so much fun together. And there have been spiritual experiences that we've had that I will never forget, and because it would be too hard to share these experiences over email ill wait till after the mission. But what I can say is that I KNOW Heavenly Father Answers Prayers, and He knows where we are spiritually and physically all day everyday, and he will always put us in the right places at the right times as long as we follow the spirit.

The area of Long Beach east itself though has cause me to adjust. The work is definitely harder here. A lot more rich white people here than anywhere else I've served and so it's been harder trying to share the gospel with people here. I don't think I've ever tried harder to find people to teach. Elder Prisbrey and I made it a goal this week to just find as many people as we could to teach and or to serve. We talked to everyone we saw anywhere and everywhere, we knocked on countless doors, we asked everyone who they knew who would benefit from the gospel and I think because we were willing to try our best in doing these things the Lord Blessed us with 4 pretty solid people to teach in the coming weeks. Two of those people are Jaclyn and Steven, they are a young married couple and they are both super nice and open with us. We shared a little bit with them on their front porch earlier this week and they invited us to come back this Friday, so we'll see where things go. We also have been teaching an investigator thats been taught for a while in this area. She is an interesting person. She has had a lot of addictions over the course of her life but she is doing everything in her power to change, and so recently we've just been helping her turn to the Savior, because without him she can't do it alone. She has a strong testimony of the atonement and is trying to apply it to her current problems and struggles now. She was in the hospital this past week so we had the opportunity to go and visit her a couple of times and give her a blessing. The spirit was really strong as we placed our hands on her head and Elder Prisbrey offered the blessing. Although she didn't know all the ins and the outs to blessings she simply knew that we had something special and that if she had faith she could get better. She is doing a lot better now and should actually be out of the hospital by now.

I am just Glad to be apart of the Lords Work on all fronts. We had an Awesome opportunity to serve at what's called the United Cambodian Community, its where Cambodians go and study for the citizenship test or find job opportunities in the area. The Cambodian Missionaries are in our Zone and they asked us to help out. So we were able to go over there for about an hour and just help these people study for the Citizenship test. I felt like I was teaching English at the same time, haha. But no, it was such a cool experience and We are planning on going over there about once a week to help out. The Cambodian people are so nice, and they have a lot of respect for missionaries.

I am feeling more fulfilled now than I think I ever have been and its only because of the spirit that comes as I've given of myself for others. Thats what the gospel can do for us everyday. It changes us, and it Sanctifies us as we live it. The ward here is Awesome Too! Oh Man is it a good ward. It's the biggest ward I've served in yet so its kinda daunting thinking about learning everybodies names but I'm excited. They have treated me so well and I feel like family to a lot of them already.

I'm running out of time and I wish I could say more but I'll save it for later! I just want to end by updating y'all on Adriana, Elder Anderson called and said she is All Good to Go and Ready for this coming Saturday the 22nd, so I'll be able to go back to LBW for it! I'm so excited, and I really can't think The Lord enough for letting me be apart of Adriana's conversion. I think I learned more from her than she learned from me as the missionary. So I'll be sure to send pictures next week, along with some more from last week. I would send some today but these computers are slow as all get out, so y'all will have to wait till next week, Sorry! But I Love You All. I want y'all to know that I Love what I'm doing even if I cant express it very well. Just know that I'm doing fine and remember that God is in control and is watching over us.

Love, Elder Page

Dang! I can't believe that Elder Nanto is already back in NC. It felt like yesterday he was just hitting his Year mark and I got into the mission. Time Flies!

No comments:

Blog Archive