13 PaGeS LoNg

WhErE tHe PaGeS oF tHiS bOoK nEvEr EnD



Monday, August 24, 2015

Tender Mercies...

Well, to say the least, it's been another wonderful week in the mission field.

Well as you know, this has been a great week, I've learned loads and I am so grateful for that.

I think the biggest miracle this week is the joy that I've felt in serving and the patience that I've been blessed with. I have recognised such a change in me for my ability to be patient with the things God chooses to inflict upon us (mosiah 3:19) I will be forever greatful to my Heavenly Father for allowing me to learn many Christ like attributes in my mission!

So last week I talked about waiting patiently on Gods timetable, well His and my time table matched up this week! One time last transfer, President made time to come and visit me and sister black, and he invited us to tract our street, and the two street on either side of us. We've been still trying to and we had actually finished of the streets but hadn't gone back to double check the homes that didn't answer and someone from one of those homes just walked into church yesterday! He just was walking by and decided to stop in. At first I thought he was a member who came in late, but then during the intermediate hymn I saw him looking a bit confused as we stood to sing. So me and sister Larsen got up, and went to sit next to him. His name is Ciprine, he's from Romania and he's waiting for his wife to move up from down south. We will hopefully be seeing him this next week, I was so greatful for that chance to meet someone like him on my mission, it's not everyday that someone just wanders into church!

Something else I'm trying to improve is my communication with God. I think sometimes that because we're in a mission, we assume that we'll automatically have a perfect relationship with our Heavenly Father, but that's not how it works. I think the way we develop a meaningful relationship with God is by taking the time to sit and talk with him, just like we do with our parents here on earth. There's no big secret to it, and I have noticed as I've been working harder at communicating with him, I feel more peace. What a wonderful blessing!

We had interviews this week and that was such perfect timing. Haha so our interviews were at four at the Swinton chapel (it takes an hour and a half to get there from our flat) and so we got back to our flat at 12:45 (or so I thought) and we had lunch and then finished our weekly planning. So at about 2:15 I was like, hey sister, we should probably get ready to go since its 2:15. And then sister Larsen was like "what, no, it's like 3:15". Haha turns out I was a whole hour behind! So we hurry out, we forget the keys, and made it to our interviews almost an hour late. Haha bless, but it was still so good! In my interview with president, he asked me what I had prepared for our meeting, and I was able to talk to him about some of my concerns. He was honestly so helpful and I can really tell that he cares. I've come to learn what makes a successful missionary and mission is not the outward things, but it is really who we become. A mission is really a process of becoming more like the saviour through serving and loving others.

I love you all so very much, have a wonderful week!

Sister Miller




No comments:

Blog Archive