13 PaGeS LoNg

WhErE tHe PaGeS oF tHiS bOoK nEvEr EnD



Thursday, August 13, 2015

East side...

So its gonna be hard to sum up all the feelings I have into one email, but to cut to the chase, I am going to be leaving Long Beach on Tuesday. I'm getting transferred to the Long Beach East Zone. Which isn't too far away at all, its only about a 10 minute drive from where I am now. I'll be serving in the Woodruff Ward, and my new companion will be Elder Prisbery. He is a funny little guy, but I know we are going to get along Great! I was one of the Missionaries that picked him up the day he got here to the mission and I got to serve a bit around him in Cypress, so we're pretty acquainted with each other. I don't know too much about the ward or area that I'm going but I am excited to get there and keep up the good work that they've already been able to do there. I know that where I've been, where I am, and where I'm going is all due to the Lord's will and Heavenly Father's Plan for me.

It's really hard for me to leave this area, and these people and this ward. I haven't even been here for that long yet this is the hardest ward and area Ive ever had to leave. This feels more like home to me than anywhere else in the mission. The people investigators and members have become my family and I Love them. I never thought I could love a little ward like I have this one. They had me speak on Sunday for a little bit and the first thing I did was cry. It kinda caught me off guard actually, but it was nice to be able to let everyone know how I felt. It hit me yesterday why I've loved this area and the people so much and it's simply because I was able to take part in The Lords Work with them. I was able to serve and be served by so many of my brothers and sisters who are all in the same boat as me, trying to further the work of salvation. Not only that but I feel like Ive put more heart and work into this area than any other area Ive been in, and anytime you sacrifice for something or someone, you grow to Love it Unconditionally. To say Im grateful to have served here would be an understatement, but those are the words I'll roll with today. It's hard to leave all of it, but I know Elder Anderson will do a Great job with his new companion and that they will only continue the work that's already been done. I'm So happy to have served with and around the missionaries I did. A lot of them if not all feel like brothers to me and I hope will be life long friends.

On one last note, Adriana is still doing great, she wasnt able to come to church yesterday because he dogs got sick and she had to take them to the vet, which was a bummer (Satan has been working overtime!) but she still has her eyes set on baptism and joining the church. She still has a baptismal date for the 16th, but it might go another week because she wants to go to church on more time before she is baptized. Either way I know she will make the choice to fully except the gospel over the next few weeks and she wants me to come back for it, so luckily I will be able to. It's been a blessing to be apart of her conversion, and to see her change and to see the Lord bless her and her family. And its even sweeter to hear her say how she knows that the things we've shared are true and she knows that Heavenly Father is blessing her.

I just want to say I know this work is true, I Love Y'all, and I miss Yall.

I can't wait to let you know how the new area and companion are treating me next week, but until then.

Godspeed! Have A Wonderful Week!

No comments:

Blog Archive