13 PaGeS LoNg

WhErE tHe PaGeS oF tHiS bOoK nEvEr EnD



Wednesday, June 10, 2015

' I Got Bronchitis...Ain't nobody got time for that"...


Hello, Hello.

So to right off the bat address the email heading. Yes, I did in fact get Bronchitis. I started feeling sick about a week ago, but figured it was just the common cold, but things started getting worse and so I went to the doctor, turns out, I got Bronchitis! Most people would be mad to find out that they have Bronchitis, but I was the exact opposite. You better believe I knew exactly what this email title was gonna be right when they broke the news to me.

I'm feeling better now, but the cough is still getting me. I thought I wasn't going to have much to write about because for most of the days this week we were just confined to our living quarters. I think we both started to get apt fever, so we just started going out anyway at least for the evenings for the second half of the week, and it probably didn't help me physically, but it was nice to be able to just go and do missionary work. We were surprisingly able to get a lot done, with the little time we had this week on top of Zone Conference, Zone Meeting and my sickness. Yesterday I was on an exchange with Elder Showers in his area which covers downtown long beach and the bay area. Pretty much when we looked up long beach when I got my mission call, that's where we were working at. It was awesome! I wish I had my camera with me cause we were in the Heart of Long Beach and it was just amazing. In the morning we didn't have much to do, so we had the idea to get on the passport (free) bus and just talk to people getting off and on. We had a really good time, and it was cool just to be able to talk to all sorts of people about their families and the gospel. The bus went all the way down to the Queen Mary and back up to the inner city which total was a good trip. I really enjoy being able to work so closely with other Elders and be able to learn from them, and get to know them and build relationships with them. Exchanges are always good! The Lord blessed us with his spirit as we did the best we could with the time we were given. It just feels good doing the Lords work some days. I mean, it always feels good, but sometimes it just feels Great!

Me and Elder Henry are getting along swimmingly and we are enjoying the area and the ward. The members have been so good to us lately, it feels like home a lot of the time here, so its nice. Today we got to go to the temple. It was really nice, because after we got out of our session (which was really good) it was raining. Although it wasn't your typical Cali weather it was beautiful and it felt great! Temple trips are always such a special opportunity we have every three months. It never fails to leave me with the best feeling. The work that is done in the temple and the time spent there is heavenly. It just fills you with the spirit of the Lord. I cant wait to just be able to go to the temple anytime I want, that'll be nice. I cant believe I'm already through with 4 of the 8 temple trips I'll have on my entire mission, it blows me away! That's about all I have for this week. I wish I could say more, but if yall get anything out of this just know that I am doing well, the Lord is Good, and this work just keeps on moving! I Miss and Love yall More than I can express, but Heavenly Father is taking care of me here in Long Beach. I'll be praying for you all. Keep living the gospel and doing your best. Until next week... Godspeed!

Love,
Elder Page

No comments:

Blog Archive