13 PaGeS LoNg

WhErE tHe PaGeS oF tHiS bOoK nEvEr EnD



Monday, June 8, 2015

Eu te amo...


(They got their Ipads)

How can I describe this past week? As hectic, trying, stretching, and
just flat out wonderful. I had a lot of time this past week to reflect
on the refiners fire, and how it can seem so hard the time that we're
going through it. For me, I really believe that my mission is a
constant refiners fire, I'm continually aware of my weaknesses and
shortcomings and I'm constantly trying to overcome them. We had such
great times this week, but also just some dead frustrating ones!
Sometimes I wish I would learn patience faster so that I could stop
having to experience things where I need ample amounts of patience!
Two experiences this week that really shaped me were first off it was
watching me and Sister Andersen work and grow together. I just love
her! Honestly, it's wonderful the way we communicate and work with one
another and I know that is a blessing from God. But on Friday, we had
planned to visit with Maureen and her children (we saw them earlier on
in the week and I honestly left there feeling so warm and full of
joy!) but sadly Maureen has fallen ill and is having a hard time right
now, so she had to cancel on us. So we tried by a few people in the
area we were in and all either weren't in or told us to come back
later. Now, I'm a firm believer that we are always needed somewhere,
but sometimes we just haven't figured it out. So we prayed, and
decided we would catch a bus around the corner to do some finding in a
different area. In Stretford, you cannot walk from place to place or
you'd be walking all day, and busses sometimes test us. We walked
around the corner and watched the bus we needed go right past us. I
was just done. So we took to plan B and I thought I knew my busses
well enough to get us where we needed to go, but I got us completely
lost and we ended up on the other side of town and it had hit 8:30 at
night. The whole time though I used it for bus contacting, and sister
Andersen kept saying that she really wanted to bus contact but didn't
know where to start. So we just talked about how to open up easily and
on the final bus ride home she had a wonderful conversation with a
women who we will hope to see soon! I just love my companions
willingness to grow and try, she really sets a great example for me.
Also we taught the family named Carlos and Suzy from Brasil yesterday,
they've actually been taught about two years ago but Suzy speaks little
English so she never connected with the gospel. We jumped on this and
made sure to bring a sister from she ward who spoke Portuguese as
well. The lesson was hard at first, but slowly we understood their
concerns and Priscilla was able to bear such a fervent testimony about
the gospel. It's been a while since I've been brought to tears in a
lesson, but the spirit in the room was so strong. Suzy ended up
actually needed a blessing, so brother Bob was able to do that. Before
we left we were able to invite them to baptism and they both said yes.
I knew Suzy couldn't understand me that well, but I had asked
Priscilla how to say "I love you" in Portuguese, or "Eu te amo" so I
just said that. I just love this work, I love these people. This work
isn't easy, but why should it be? We wouldn't learn if it was just
handed to us.
Sorry this is a novel! We also have iPads now, so it's quite handy
during lessons and I'm grateful for them! We also have a surprise
mission wide meeting tomorrow, so I have no idea what it's about but
I'll fill y'all in next week. Until then please stay safe, I love you
all!
Sent from my iPad

Sister Miller

(it is still light at 10:30 pm)

No comments:

Blog Archive