13 PaGeS LoNg

WhErE tHe PaGeS oF tHiS bOoK nEvEr EnD



Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Temple Trip...

Elder Page received his Birthday Package, and I believe he loved it!!!!


Hey Everybody,

So I don't have a whole heck of a lot of time, cause we just got back from our temple trip and I've had a bunch of emails to respond to other than writing this one (Thank You All by the way who sent me emails, I Like em'), so I will try and sum up this week the best I can.

So it's been a week of many ups and downs, mostly ups though which is good. To go ahead and get the bad news out of the way, we had a couple of investigators tell us they were no longer interested in meeting with us, which was kinda hard, because we thought they had a lot of potential. We know that we did all we could to share the gospel with them, and hey, maybe one day in the future they will decide they are ready, but for now our jobs as missionaries is to find those that are ready. Which leads me into the fact that we found a new investigator this week, his name is Lynn, he's a really cool guy who has no problem talking to us, he is really cool. He said he actually plans on moving to South Carolina within the next three months so we'll see, but for now we are trying to get him excited and motivated to read from the Book of Mormon, we talked a lot about Christ's ministry with him, and then taught him about apostasy and the restoration and how the Book of Mormon is a blessing that God has given to us now today. We plan on going by Lynn tomorrow so hopefully it goes well.

Elder Page had a day at the temple...

Things with other people have been going pretty well too, Mike plans on going to General Conference! He's really excited to actually hear from the apostles and President Monson because we've been giving him a lot of conference talks to read. It has been a slow progression with Mike, a lot of patience and love, but he is doing well. I don't know if I told y'all before but we're now teaching a guy from Iran, his name is Mehdi and he is the nicest, funniest, coolest guy you've ever met! He is reading the scriptures everyday, we read with him a lot too, to help him understand. He is reading both in English and in Farsi. He is over here in the U.S. on a student Visa so he plans on going back to Iran. He wants more than Anything to be Baptized, he knows everything is true and has the greatest desire to learn, but as long as he plans on going back he's not able to be baptized, for his own safety as well as his families. But we will keep helping him none the less grow in faith and understanding.


We've also been doing a lot of Less active work here in this ward. The ward is pretty small and a lot of people are moving out so we are really trying to work with them bishop and members to bring a few back. The daily routine as a missionary is a really special thing. I will be the first one to say that sometimes its hard, and often discouraging, but its been hitting me lately that I am doing nothing but serving and reaching out to people around me and the happiness and fulfillment I feel is unlike anything I've ever felt. I'm far far from a perfect missionary, but trying my best everyday to help people come closer to Christ and feel what God wants them to feel is a good thing. It makes me happy, and that's as simple as I can put it. I know the Lord is happy when we look to serve those around us and as we are doing that we are serving him. I want to really thank all of you who have influenced me in anyway, whether it seemed small at the time I realize I have always been surrounded by good examples. So Thank You.

I hope this next week goes as good if not better than this week did, I'll have to let y'all know. Anyways, be safe, pray, enjoy the gospel and dot worry, be happy.
Until Next week, Godspeed!

Love, Elder Page

Elder Page with his companion and he ran into Elder Nanto





No comments:

Blog Archive