13 PaGeS LoNg

WhErE tHe PaGeS oF tHiS bOoK nEvEr EnD



Friday, March 13, 2015

Another week in Paradise...


So this past week has been pretty busy. We had a lot of opportunities to teach this week, in fact more than we ever had. We had Zone Conference and Zone Meeting. We did service for some members on Saturday and on Sunday I was sick, so we didn't get to go to church. So there were a lot of ups and downs. I have to go ahead and talk about Zone Conference because it might be the highlight of the week! Now, I've obviously had Zone Conferences before, but this one was special because it was in Huntington Beach!!!! I don't know if y'all were aware but until this week since I've been in California for the past 8 months I hadn't yet seen the coastline, not even flying in. But luckily on our way back from Zone Conference we got to take P.C.H. Home which is Pacific Coast Highway for all those who don't know of P.C.H. It took us right along the coast, it was about 4pm so the sun was just starting to set and I'm gonna be honest it was Beautiful! Its a lot different than east coast beaches but it was still nice. We could see Catalina Island from the road, its a lot bigger than I thought it would be. Huntington Beach in General was just a really nice place. Maybe I'll get to serve there by the end of my 2 years. So it was really nice finally getting to see the ocean. Unfortunately I didn't have my camera on me so I'll have to get pictures next time.


The Past 2 weeks me and Elder Adams have been working really hard trying to do all we can to help our investigators progress and feel the spirit, and we've had a lot of cool experiences but the one I want to share is actually with an inactive member of our ward. He is a really nice guy, he grew up in the church, he's married to a non member and just had a baby. We've just started to really work with him. Over time he has lost faith of things he once knew and now doesn't even believe there is a god. We've really taken time to know him, understand where he's coming from and follow the spirit as we've met with him and taught him and his wife. He really wants to believe and he is very sincere. So, what we've done is we have explained how god is able to answer prayers, the ways that he can do that, and how he can receive an answer from heavenly father to let him know that he really is there. Honestly I've never met anyone who doesn't believe in god yet wants to pray to him. Its been such a cool experience working with him, and helping him recognize the spirit, and showing him how the gospel blesses families and how god has already blessed his family. He has agreed to meet with us multiple times a week, fast once a week, come to church every Sunday, read the Book of Mormon 15 minutes a day, and pray for an answer and to feel something everyday. And we have promised him to do everything he is doing including fasting. He was really willing to do all of this when we first talked it out, and so far over the past week he has fasted, gone to church, read and prayed, and he and his wife came to church yesterday. There's already a change with him, and its really strengthened my testimony of prayer and just living the gospel in general. We don't know how god will answer his prayers at the end of these two weeks (cause we promised him he would get an answer by the end of next week) but we are trusting that god will answer them and everything will work out for the best. The gospel of Jesus Christ Changes people, and blesses lives. The Mission has helped me see this time and time again. I Love it & am Grateful for it.


I've run out of time, but I hope my email was uplifting and enjoyable. Y'all have a good week, and be safe! I know this work is true. Until Next Week, Godspeed!




Love, Elder Page




No comments:

Blog Archive