13 PaGeS LoNg

WhErE tHe PaGeS oF tHiS bOoK nEvEr EnD



Thursday, September 3, 2015

One fold & one shepherd ...

So this week was an Awesome one to say the least.

I feel like as soon as I think a mission cant get any better the Lord says, "Think Again!" And it gets better. There has been blessing upon blessings this week. A goal we set as a district this week is to just look more closely at ways or take note of experiences we have where the Lords hand was evident. And just having this focus and frame of mind has definitely helped work harder and smarter. Elder Prisbrey and I are doing a lot of things that are not only building our faith everyday, but its nice to have our purpose of inviting others to come unto Christ, in the front of our minds, because even when people reject us, we invite them to do 'Something' that will strengthen their faith and bring them closer to the truth.

Speaking of Faith, I was asked to speak in Sacrament meeting this past week on Faith, and it was awesome because we had two of our investigators show up all on their own! We were so excited for them. Of course I was nervous to give the talk but I really felt like the spirit was guiding me and helping me know what to say and how to say it. I used Alma 32 as a reference and just explained how its funny that we sometimes lack the faith to let our spiritual seed grow, yet we know good and well that if we take time to water and nourish and give light to our physical/literal seeds that it will grow without question. But at the end of the day, its the same God that can and will help us grow if we exercise a little faith, that is allowing and causing those plants in our front lawns to take root as we take care of them. Basically, Faith is just ACTING on the things that we do know, even if we do not know a lot. With the Action, our Faith or trust in God wont grow. And here on my mission I have had to act on faith almost everyday, but as I've done that I've felt something, I feel a change, and a bit of growth each day. And the best part about faith is that we can always increase it! Its ever increasing as long as we want it to increase. Anyway, there's my sermon on Faith. Something really Cool happened to Elder Prisbrey and I last night as we were out late knocking on some doors. We didnt really have anyone specific to go by and I needed to use the bathroom so we quickly chose a door to knock on, and it turned out that the woman that answered was nice, BUT, because I was a stranger she couldn't let me in. She did however point us to her next door neighbors who were having a "Prayer Group". We went over knocked on the door and they let us in. There were about a dozen people there and they were all really nice. We sat down ate some food and just talked with these people. They asked a lot of good questions about the church and what we did. The spirit was definitely felt, and my testimony that we are ALL Gods children grew last night. Because I truly got to see these people as my brothers and sisters although they were a different faith. Before we left we whipped out the Book of Mormon and shared a scripture from 3rd Nephi. Chapter 18. Verses 19-21 I belive it was. It was a risky move, but the spirit testifiesd it was true and they felt it. We said a prayer and left their home. We knew we had been in the right place at the right time for the lord to use us. I know that this work is true. I love yall.

Love
Elder Page

No comments:

Blog Archive