13 PaGeS LoNg

WhErE tHe PaGeS oF tHiS bOoK nEvEr EnD



Monday, September 21, 2015

Changes....

Hey Everyone,
It's been another Great Week of the transfer, and it blows me away that it was the last week of the transfer! This might have been one of the quickest transfers of my mission so far, which is probably a good thing. We've been busy, we've been working hard and enjoying ourselves. Missionary work has been as fun as its ever been, and I Love that. Another Missionary that I really look up to once told me that if you're not having fun doing missionary work, you're doing something wrong. So I think Elder Prisbrey and I have really done a good job at working effectively and enjoying our work at the same time.
There's a lot of things I could say about this past week but I'll just hit the highlights. So first I want to say that crazy enough I was able to make to make a 20 minute trip over to the Anaheim Mission office. Elder Prisbrey had an appointment with a member that works with missionaries from the Long Beach Mission as well as the Anaheim mission. It was a weird experience because we were surrounded by Missionaries that we didn't know, and for me I knew that I was in the place Dallin began and ended his mission. It was pretty cool though, I was amazed at how close it was to us.
As for our area and our investigators, this week went pretty well. We have been consistently meeting lately with our investigator Daleen, but this week we weren't able to meet with her because she had relapsed with some of her addictions and she was feeling distant. we really didn't know what to do but pray that she would open back up. And just last night she texted us and asked if we wanted to meet. we were So Happy! we agreed and headed over to her place not really know what we'd share. And all I can say is that the 12 step videos the church has recently came out with could not have come out at a better time. We decided to watch those with her, and for like 20-30 minutes straight she was feeling the spirit and we were feeling the spirit, it was awesome! To make a long story short, Daleen's been through a heck of a lot, but we haven't given up on her and we've reminded her that the Lord hasn't given up on her. She seems to be back on track and doing well, so just keep praying for her please.
As for other investigators, everyone is doing pretty well, we've really just been trying to meet consistently. we found a couple more people this week, one is an awesome family that has two little kids and really open to listen and learn. Crazy things happening though this transfer that I failed to mention from the beginning. We're splitting the ward because a bunch of new missionaries are coming in, and they need more areas. Besides our ward is one of the largest areas in the mission. So we're sharing the ward with sisters. Sister Miller whos been out for quite a while and her new companion who we haven't met yet (she's training) So it should be fun. The only down side is having to pass off a lot of our investigators that will live on their side that we've been teaching for a while and ones that we just started teaching this week. Its nice to know that they'll have a good area to jump into though. Also we're losing our car so we'll be on all bike and the sisters will have the car, so Big changes, but I think good ones, for myself, for Elder Prisbrey, and for the Ward.
There are good things to come. Overall, My mission is going really well. Its interesting how normal being a missionary feels at this point. Its sad to say, but life before California almost seems unreal, like a dream almost. I'm happy to be not only serving the Lord, but coming to know him more personally. This gospel is where we can and will find happiness, lasting happiness as we live it.
I Love Y'all, I miss Y'all, and I can't wait to let you know what happens over the next few weeks. Until next email, Godspeed!
Love, Elder Page

P.S. At least I still say Yall. Never Let it Go!

No comments:

Blog Archive