13 PaGeS LoNg

WhErE tHe PaGeS oF tHiS bOoK nEvEr EnD



Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Time flies when you are having fun...



This past transfer was only four weeks, and I only had the privileged to serve with Sister Dunn for those 4 short weeks. I learned SO much, not to mention she is just so fun! I've loved my time with my little Fijian :) She's going to Rosendale Valley and I'm staying in Stretford and Sister Anderson from Denmark will be my new companion! I'm super excited for this new transfer. I honestly love the optimism that come from a fresh start, and I just can't wait!

Well I just want to say that this past week, I learned a lot. I learned just really how strong my testimony is of the Book of Mormon. This week we visited by a potential investigator who has a very strong belief in God and in the Savior, as well as the Bible. We went round to see how she was doing and to follow up with a leaflet we left her with, only to have her let out basically everything harsh she has ever thought about Mormons. Now, I am used to this and it doesn't bother me anymore and I just let them get it out and then bare testimony. But she was raising her voice in frustration because we carry around the Book of Mormon, and not the Bible. She went on and on, and to say the least it start to hurt! I couldn't stand to be yelled at anymore because there was contention building. So I kindly butt it, and bore my testimony of the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith. I then kindly excused myself and Sister Dunn, and we left. It was really hard to do that and I then pondered if that was really the right thing to have done. As I thought about it, Joseph Smith came to my mind and how he had to defend the Book of Mormon every day. He had to hide it, keep it safe, and work tooth and nail just so we could have it in our hands today. I am SO grateful for the Book of Mormon and that I know that it is the word of God. There is also a talk by Jeffery R. Holland (an apostle of the Lord) that says "defend your beliefs with courtesy and compassion, BUT defend them".

Speaking of the Book of Mormon, we got the most brilliant text from our investigator Mark, telling us that he knows that the Book of Mormon is the word of God! He prayed about it and listened to the Holy Ghost. Mark is truly amazing because he was taught by sisters about a year or so ago, and we found his number in our area book. We met with him and he is just SO ready. He has yet to come to church, but on Sunday he came to the fireside in Altrincham and while the closing prayer was being said, I prayed to know what to say to Mark. When the prayer was over I simply asked "what do you feel?" and he said "I feel warm, I feel as if I'm being guided by God to know if this is right". This is a true conversion. We could drag him into the waters of baptism, or he can decide full-heart-idly that this is right. I love that all we have to do as missionaries is invite because that allows people to use their agency and it's so amazing to watch people use their agency to follow the Lord.

Oh! Almost forgot about the whole mission wide conference on Saturday! We had Stephen B Allen (he's the head of the whole church's missionary department in Europe) and Timothy J Dychees (an area 70, of someone who looks over the church in Europe!) come and speak to us about the use of technology in our mission. They really focused on how when we get the I Pads that the greatest filter is our self, and that if we develop the habit of turning on the device with a purpose in mind, then we won't be led astray! It was so nice to gather together as a mission, and I just find it so special that we'll be using I Pads to hasten the Lords work sometime in the near future (we didn't get a firm date).

Well I hope y'all have a great week, and remember to say your prayers!

I love y'all, Sister Miller








No comments:

Blog Archive