13 PaGeS LoNg

WhErE tHe PaGeS oF tHiS bOoK nEvEr EnD



Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Alma 26:22...

(caught in a hail storm)

This past week has just been a busy one, but I have loved EVERY SINGLE MINUTE OF IT!

I grew a lot, and watched me and my companion grow closer too. I just love her! She is kind and mindful of those around her and really sincerely wants to grow. She's also slightly awkward, and it's honestly so funny! We're a right pair, but somehow it works! It's never a dull moment.

Then we have to talk about Mark, Mark is stuck. He's trying to get an answer, but is struggling. We had a lesson with him and he wasn't reading or praying, completely different than what we usually hear back from him. I was actually frustrated with him! I kept thinking "why haven't you done those things, that's how you'll get an answer! Those things are SO important, you can't not do them. Why haven't you done them?" and things like this just raged inside of me because Mark hadn't taken the time to do the small and simple things that will lead him to an answer. Afterwards I was just sad, sad because he wasn't progressing as fast as I thought he should, and also because of the way I felt. This led me to reflect on how Heavenly Father must feel when I don't bus contact, or I let that one person walk past me. Why aren't I speaking with them? Why am I letting my body overcome my spirit? But then I realized that Heavenly Father, He only expects our best. He expects OUR all. He loves us perfectly, so I need to love those we teach perfectly. Sometimes we are the Lords investigator, and I'm grateful He takes the time to teach us.
(the district)

Also after that rough moment, things picked up! We've been going out with our all to find families! We've united with many members of the ward to pray specifically for us to find families to teach for thirty days. (the members here are SO willing and ready!) That has started and let me tell you, things are happening! Our investigator Vicky, I just love her! She is such a wonderful mum, and when we met with her this week, she expressed that she wanted to come to church, but was scared because she hadn't been to church in ages, but that she wanted to come! So we then told her we could show her the chapel this week, and she'll come to church this Sunday with her two girls! Also another mum, Maureen, is amazing too. She is a single mum as well, and has three wonderful children. We went by and she expressed that she didn't want to do anything without being completely unified with her children. I thought that was amazing, because she really does love her kids. They read the scriptures every morning as a family and have a family prayer. We talked about how the Gospel really does unify families, I've seen it many times, and that we'd love to help her and her children to see if this is for them. We're seeing them today and I am so excited!!! I feel that the time really is now, and we just have to keep pace!

I do know that the Book of Mormon is truly for our day, such as in Alma 26:22 Yea, he that repenteth and exerciseth faith, and bringeth forth good works, and prayeth continually without ceasing—unto such it is given to know the mysteries of God; yea, unto such it shall be given to reveal things which never have been revealed; yea, and it shall be given unto such to bring thousands of souls to repentance, even as it has been given unto us to bring these our brethren to repentance.

The time is now, as we apply the things in this scripture, I do know that we can being many souls unto repentance. I'm trying my best to be faithful and trust in the Lords promises, to be obedient, and endure. I swear, we endure a lot, but it's well worth it.

I love you all so much! Sorry for writing a book, it's so hard to put my weeks into words, so this is as good as it gets!
Again, love y'all!
Sister Miller

No comments:

Blog Archive