13 PaGeS LoNg

WhErE tHe PaGeS oF tHiS bOoK nEvEr EnD



Monday, May 11, 2015

The day after Mother's day...


So, its been less than 24 hours since I've talked with my family, so I don't know what else to say that will spice up this email, so I guess I'll just say a few things they've already heard and try to make it sound different.
But while we're talking about family, I Love My family so stinkin much! It felt so natural to talk to everybody yesterday, kinda like we were never separated. It was Great to see everybody and laugh and cry and just catch up. I really did just feel the Love and the unity. It's too bad the video chats are as short as they are, but I know that I'll see them all again, which is good to know, and that as long as I am serving diligently and enjoying myself, the Lord will watch over and look after my family while I'm gone.

So this past week was really good. Me and Elder Henry had a lot of opportunities to teach and to serve. We made it a goal to talk to even more people than we have in the past. Since we are in a car its a little harder to street contact, but like I said, we made an effort to talk to more people on the way to and from each appointment. It is something that I feel like is easy to do, but the blessings from doing it are really great. Even if the people we talk to don't except us or the gospel, it helps us feel the spirit stronger throughout the day, because we are opening our mouths, inviting, and doing what we've been asked to do as missionaries. So that's been good, we really enjoy ourselves and have fun with it.


Our investigators are doing really good, especially Christy. She keeps in contact with us every single day and she loves seeing us. We are now meeting with her about 3X a week which is super good! She is dead set on coming to church again next week which will be great. We also came across another lady who we're now teaching named Chrissy. She is so prepared! We just contacted her while she was in her car outside her house and she said to come back another day, so we did. We shared the 'Because He Lives" video with her and then talked about how the gospel can bless her family. She has two little kids and a soon to be husband. Before we left she asked us one specific question that she said she's asked to her family, pastors, friends, and no one has been able to give her a good answer, and the question is, "Why are there so many different religions?" All we could do was smile and promise we would answer that question next time. We should be meeting with her later this week, which will hopefully be a really spiritual experience where we can help her feel the spirit and also answer her question! We are so excited. But she has a lot of promise and she's just a really nice lady, so we are praying and trusting that things go well.

Those are the main highlights from this week, I hope this email wasn't too lame, I'll have something real juicy next week! But I love y'all and am praying daily for you.
Thank you for Showing your love and care.
Happy Days!
Godspeed!
Elder Page





No comments:

Blog Archive