13 PaGeS LoNg

WhErE tHe PaGeS oF tHiS bOoK nEvEr EnD



Tuesday, March 15, 2011

MTC

Zachary does not know yet what they will be doing, as far as he knows he is still leaving on the 11th. We'll let everyone know if anything changes.
Elders Page & Benson...Hurrah for Israel Elder Page and his district @ the Provo Temple
Dear Family and others,
Just so you know mom, Elder Benson just delivered that hug of yours! :) It has been a pretty crazy week to say the least. Things have been really different since Elder Bennion left. I am in a threesome now with Elder Benson and I and Elder Kendall. It has been different and definitely a growing experience� I got a letter from Matt this week and I made time today to write him back. He is doing good and I hope he enjoys my letter. Also, I got Dad's letter today.� tell him thanks so much and that it was a great lift and I will write him when i can. I have a pretty cool story from this week in the TRC. It was week two teaching lesson one in full japanese. It was very different because we were teaching with three this time. It started off really bad. The guy was a native japanese and he spoke really fast, I was blanking and couldn't remember anything to say! The lessson was in obivous shambles and I got so discouraged and low. It was then that the Spirit came pounding into my heart. I felt VERY strongly prompted to "Testify and Commit." So, that is exactly what i did. I turned myself over to the spirit totally and even though I couldn't remember much of what I said, My companions said I said something along these lines: "I don't know how to speak Japanese, but I know this message is true. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior. I know that through this gospel we can find happiness. Through Prayer, we can speak to God. Through prayer, we can know the truth. Will you pray about our message? The spirit was overwhelming and he very humbly and softly said, "yes." It was a really really amazing experience for me and for all of us. It was the first time I have had the gift of tongues manifested unto me personally. The power of the spirit is so amazing! The more I learn about the Holy Ghost here, the more I am blown away by its ability to totally lead and guide us. I promise you all that the Spirit will testify of truth. It will not lead us astray, and if we strive always to fill our lives with the Holy Ghost, we will come closer to our Savior and his will. The spirit WILL testify to your heart of truth, and the truth is this gospel, the Gospel of Jesus Christ. "Seek and ye shall find, knock, and the door will be opened unto you." I know with all of my soul that this is truth.
Thanks for all of the information about Japan, they don't really tell us much of anything in here. I wish I knew what they are going to do with us 3 Sendai missionaries. As far as I know we will still be headed to Japan on April 11th, but who knows what they will do with us. There has been a lot of talk about reassignments and humanitarian missions and so many other things, but they are all just rumors. As soon as I know anything, I will let you all know, but for now, don't even worry about what is going to happen with me, just pray for the Japanese people. I was thinking mom and Dad, about what president Baker said about the Page family missionary experiences, he was so right, it was just never ever going to happen normal for anyone in our family! The one mission in the whole world and it just happens to be mine! Tory, you better watch out, who knows what's in store for your mission! haha :)
Some challenges for you all this week, i have several but they aren't too big. I hope that EVERYONE does these by the way, every single person that reads these emails better do them, . I want everyone to read in Mosiah Chapter 18. Focus particularly on those verses that speak about the Baptisimal Covenant. Think about what it means to "stand as a witness of God at all times and in all places." I want everyone to watch the new mormon messages on LDS.org that were put up this month. Finally, I want EVERYONE to read this months first presidency message called "Looking for the Good." I hope you all take these challenges and you seek in earnest prayer for inspiration in your own lives from these things.
One more thing, My roommates have said that every night I am speaking Japanese in my sleep. Not just mumbling words, but speaking Japanese!!! They said I am saying things that they have never heard before! Pretty cool huh!! Well, that is all the time I have! I hope you all have a great week.
God Lives, Jesus is the Christ. This is his one true gospel, search in your hearts and search for truth in life and God will give it to you by the power of the spirit.
I love you!!!!

No comments:

Blog Archive