13 PaGeS LoNg

WhErE tHe PaGeS oF tHiS bOoK nEvEr EnD



Monday, August 18, 2014

Howdie...


Hey Everyone!! So I have to begin this email by saying CONGRATULATIONS Dallin & Jaclyn!! I just logged on and all of the pictures were the first things I saw! Scarlett is Beautiful! She looks like y'alls child for sure!!! She's adorable, I can't believe she's finally here! I can't wait to meet her :) And also on a side note s'mores is looking chunky! I don't know if its just the pictures or if he's actually put on weight, but he looks big. I miss him. So this week was pretty good.
I'll start off by sharing my biking experiences. The bike was not my friend this week. First experience I has, me and Elder Blasko were riding around in the projects and we needed to hop the curb, so Elder Blasko hops it with grace, and me thinking I'm just as good goes to hop it, and right before I go to hop it I remember Zach telling me about the first time he tried to hop a curb and ended up popping his tire and wiping out. As I was reflecting on Zach's experience I lift up my front tire only to come right back down in front of the curb wiping out. It kinda hurt but it was just too ironic to get upset. Plus these two little kids saw the whole thing happen and were just standing there trying not to laugh. Before we kept on, after I had picked my self back up, I walk over to the kids and say, its okay to laugh. I then gave them a pass along card of Jesus and told them to put it on their mirror, and they said they would. So it was actually an ice breaker in sharing the gospel with two little kids :)
The other experience I had this week with a bike was on exchanges in Compton Again. I was using another Elder's bike and lets just put it this way, I would have been better off straddling a broom stick than sitting on the seat of this bike. I had to ride this bike mile after mile. By the end of the day, I couldn't feel my behind. But anyways, learned to laugh and hide the pain behind a smile, so it was all good.
Now onto a spiritual experience I had this week. While I was on exchanges, with Elder Brock (super funny guy) We were teaching this 19 old guy named Carlos. We taught him about the Book of Mormon and through reading it and praying about it, he could know that it was true. And that as he reads it, he can feel "that Peace" that he kept describing all throughout the lesson! I told him that he will get closer to his savior by reading that book than any other book out there, because I've experienced it for myself. The spirit was so strong and Carlos was definitely prepared for everything we had to tell him and teach him. We invited him to baptism and he excepted without hesitation! My testimony was definitely strengthened on the fact that the lord really does prepare people, he has a literal hand in these peoples lives, so that way when they do hear the message of the restored gospel they not only are ready to accept it, but they want to. And what a blessing it is for me, and for Abby, and Very soon Katie to be apart of this! I Love this work and am learning so much its crazy. I am so humbled and grateful to be a representative of Jesus Christ right now in my life, and to be recognized as a servant of the lord.
There's a quote I found by President Eyring this week that I really liked, he says, "Each time you choose to try to live more like the savior, you will have your testimony strengthened. You will come to know for yourself that he is the light of the world. You will reflect to others the light of Christ in your life." I Love this because this applies to all of us full time missionary or not, we all can reflect that light as we live more like the savior and come to Know Him. I know this is Real. I Love you Guys so Much!! I Really Do! I hope y'all know that! I am thinking of you and praying for you each day, all of you. I am so glad that I've had so many examples set the way before me and that I don't have to do this alone. I can't wait to email next week and let y'all know how I'm doing and what I've learned!
I Love you again and will talk to you guys next week :)


Love, Elder Page

P.S. Feel free to send more pictures of baby Scarlett

No comments:

Blog Archive