13 PaGeS LoNg

WhErE tHe PaGeS oF tHiS bOoK nEvEr EnD



Monday, August 11, 2014

Ether 12:27


Well, so it's crazy to think I've been away from home for almost a month already. I seriously can't get over it! It felt like yesterday we were at the airport saying goodbye. But this past week was Great! On Thursday we had a zone meeting and the zone leaders asked me to give a motivational message to get the zone to get us all fired up for the work. I thought long and hard as to what I was going to talk on, so after praying and asking heavenly father what I needed to hear along with the rest of the zone, I decided to read Ether 12:27 and speak on that. I also read from Preach My Gospel (section: No Effort Is Wasted). These two things were the bulk of what I talked on. I bore my testimony on the power of prayer and how if we are willing to humble ourselves and turn to the lord that he really can turn our weaknesses into strengths. I knew this without a doubt before the mission, but I'm definitely expanding that testimony now that I am doing all that I can to learn, grow, in becoming the best missionary I can be. The whole meeting was seriously inspired because another Elder who did a training of his own used Ether 12:27 too. It was a powerful meeting. I love the zone!

On Friday I got to go on my first exchange. It was probably the craziest exchange I could have been on. First off, the missionaries that we exchanged with are in a Spanish area, So pretty much the whole time we were out working I was just standing there smiling. I would throw in a few words of Espanol, but it has been 4 years since Ive taken a Spanish class. It was fun though. Also the area they cover is Compton, so I definitely got to see the scarier part of the mission. There are some sketchy people out here. But its interesting, Ive found the scarier they look the nicer they are (for the most part). I exchanged with Elder Woofindin who's from Salt Lake City, super nice guy and great missionary. We did a lot of contacting on the streets, which was great practice cause it's still something Im working at. But what better place to do it than out on the streets of Compton around 8:30-9:00?

There's a woman named Renee who me and Elder Blasko have been working with, she has a 7 year old son and we've taught here a few times. She's pretty solid, and wants more than anything to get baptized and have her son baptized too. We took her on a church tour Saturday and it was pretty wild at first. When we walked into the church we didnt realize it was the Tongan wards day to clean the building so there were Tongans everywhere, vacuuming, and talking, and laughing, basically not how we imagined it would be. So, we still continue the tour, it goes okay all throughout and we get to the chapel expecting it to be nice and peaceful. So we walk in and as we're saying, "And this is where we have our sacrament meeting..." there are a bunch of Tongan children running around talking into the microphone, and playing the organ. At this point we figure this whole thing was a waste, so we shew the kids out and go up to the front to just sit. The chapel is finally quiet and the spirit is there. We talk to Renee about some things and at the end we ask her to pray. At that point the spirit is so Strong and she feels it. Throughout this thing the lord was definitely trying our faith, but because we pushed through and were patient, we were blessed as well as Renee with the spirit. She has a baptismal date of September 14th. All I know is that through thick and thin, if people are prepared, and we are in tune with the spirit, the Lord can work miracles.

The mission continues to be hard, everyday. But by taking on each day with patience, humility, and with a firm desire to do the work, I've found peace, comfort, strength, and my burdens have been lightened. I dont go a day, sometimes even a prayer without praying for my family, all of you guys. Know that I Love Each and everyone of you and am thinking of you. I know that families are essential to gods plan and that through our families we can find the greatest of happiness if we are living the gospel and always relying on the lord, in good and bad of times. I Love you again and can't wait till next week to email. God Speed!

- Elder Page

P.S. I have been getting all of yalls emails and letters. Thank You! I hope yall have been getting my letters. And your suppose to get/havegotten a packadge today! :)

No comments:

Blog Archive