13 PaGeS LoNg

WhErE tHe PaGeS oF tHiS bOoK nEvEr EnD



Monday, August 4, 2014

"Heello"


Well hello there! It's been a while since I last emailed because of the whole flying here to long beach and p-day not being till today ordeal. But here I am! I don't even know where to begin. It's been a pretty crazy week. Im serving right now in Long Beach, Im a little ways away from the beach but by the looks of things I feel like I should be. Im in the "Virginia Ward" Its mainly made up of Samoans, they're all so nice. Super chill, and they cook pretty dang good. My trainers name is Elder Blasko, he's from Maryland. He's really cool and a really nice guy. He's been working me hard which has been good. I've come to realize that the mtc doesn't prepare you for everything. The mission is hard, but because I have a great trainer, a strong testimony, a sure knowledge as to why I'm even out here, and the Atonement of Jesus Christ, I have managed to make it through the past week. I have received so much strength and comfort from Him. My burdens have been lightened and I think I'm beginning to realize that I can't do this alone. We've taught quite a few lessons, we've done some contacting on the streets, which I'm getting the hang of. I've really had to trust in the lord and the spirit on what I'm going to say next, Everytime! But every time you can receive that help, and that's been good to know.

I've definitely met some interesting people. Like one guy, he's a homeless asian man who lives outside of our apartment complex, we call him viper. He doesn't speak any english, but he's nice. To give you guys a mental picture, he looks just like the guy in surf ninjas, that says, "Heeello". Looks just like him! Anyways, let's see, Companionship study and personal study has been really good. It's awesome having 3 hours of study everyday. Right now in my personal studies, I'm reading "Jesus the Christ" Dang James E. Talmadge is the man! I'm also reading the Book of Mormon all the way through, highlighting any references to Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, or the Holy Ghost. I'm 15 pages in and have already found 134 references! Its crazy. We always sing a song before Comp study and the other day I was feeling pretty discouraged and we sang "Come Come Ye Saints". All I have to say is that the 1st 2 verses brought tears of joy to my eyes. I felt the greatest sense of peace flood over me. It was pretty great. Saturday me and Elder Blasko along with about 10 other missionaries got to go to a convert Baptism. The spirit was really strong and it was just another answer to my prayers. There I felt and witnessed the main reason why I'm here, and that's to bring souls to Christ. This work is Amazing! I can't even describe it you guys. The areas here are really small so I usually see at least 3 other companionships a day. It's pretty cool though. So, y'all won't believe this, but Joey (Elder Nanto) is in my zone! I've already seen him twice. It's so nice to see a familiar face, I'll tell you what. Some good news, Some really good news actually, every 2 transfers as a zone, we get to go to the LA temple! I'm so excited to go.

I know this email is kind of all over the place, I'll work on it, but something else I've learned this week has been the power of teaching simply. Basically, teaching simply makes the doctrine easier for investigators to understand and it brings the spirit a lot faster and a lot stronger.

I'm running out of time, but one of the last things I'll say is that I have only been here a week and the Lord is already helping me love this area, the members in the ward and especially those that I'm trying to find and help. I Love it all. Missionary work is hard, but it's not meant to be easy, because it was never easy for the Savior. But lucky for us, because it was never easy for Him, it Can be Easier for us, and I'm eternally grateful for that fact. Well I Love You all, I miss you guys So Much, but I know I'm where the Lord needs me. I can't wait to email next week. Keep me posted on baby Scarlet please!


Love,

Elder Page

P.S. Can someone burn me a copy of the lower lights cd (full) and also Lord of the Rings! :) Thank You!




No comments:

Blog Archive