13 PaGeS LoNg

WhErE tHe PaGeS oF tHiS bOoK nEvEr EnD



Monday, October 12, 2015

Continually relying on Christ...

Sorry I'm like forever Late in this, we've had a sisters activity ALL day no it's basically taken our preparation day so I'm so sorry if I don't have time to respond to everyone personally!


Life in Wrexham has been great, I honestly love it and feel so at home. I also have such a love for this ward! Wrexham is full of faithful people who fight through the trials of life with a smile on their face. I have felt SO much love from every single member. Whether we're in their home over for tea, we see them while we're out and about, or we have to call them about something, the love is clearly there. I am just so full of gratitude, and that has been what has pushed me through some of my most challenging moments.

So we have an update on Fay! We got to visit her this Sunday. She is honestly such an amazing mum, she has four Children and is trying to get her degree, she is a super mum! When we visited her there were so many things going on, including her cute and energetic four year old! After much playing around with Amelia, we were able to share a video about Jesus Christ and what he has done for us. The spirit really filled the room and allowed all of us to feel it. We left with our testimonies and prayer, and we'll be seeing her again next week. I know that God loves us and I love love LOVE that we get to share that with His children.

We've also been visiting this sweet lady, Leanne. She has had a hard life, and is still fighting like a champ. She's been taught by missionaries before, and even had a baptismal date, but had so many medical things going on that is wasn't possible for her to be baptized and then things dropped off from there. Well on Thursday we were able to catch her in and had such a lovely visit. We talked with her about the past times she had met with missionaries and asked why she had wanted to be baptized in the past. She said "that is would be a clean start, she would get to start all over" and the power of that filled the room. I love when people realize that following that example of Christ really is a fresh start. It reminds me of when I was younger and me and my sister Megan would bicker, and my mom would always tell us to "start fresh" and that is exactly what baptism is for us. It's hope. It's peace. It's joy! And so we invited Leanne to be baptized and she said yes! This will be a battle, but she realizes it, and knows that we and the savior will be with her every step of the way.

It's not always easy, but it's enjoying all of the ups, and even the downs, and continually relying on Christ is what makes serving a mission possible.

I love you all so so much!

Sister Miller

No comments:

Blog Archive