13 PaGeS LoNg

WhErE tHe PaGeS oF tHiS bOoK nEvEr EnD



Monday, July 6, 2015

Nothin' like a fresh start...

(new companion, Elder Anderson)

So It's hard to believe its only been a week since the start of this new transfer. With the work me and Elder Anderson are doing and the way we are getting along, it feels like we've been companions forever. Although its been a little bit of an adjustment since Elder Henry left its always good to get a new companion and enter into a new transfer because it gets you out of your routine and comfort zone. It's a fresh start! And so far this transfer has been Great!

I really am beginning to Love the ward and the members, me and Elder Anderson are having so much fun together and we're working and teaching in unity which is usually hard to come by (especially the first week together). Something he asked in a companionship prayer the other day was that we will be able to become close companions and even better friends, and that really made me see the big picture. It made me excited for the coming days and weeks, and it helped me feel a little bit of love towards him already. He is one of if not the goofiest Elders in the mission, yet I feel lucky to have him.

This week, we really focused on finding and capitalizing on teaching opportunities. The Lord blessed us like no other this week. People were just crawling outa the wood work for us. We were finding solid people to teach and we've set up return appointments with all of them. What's cool is that Every single one of them had talked to missionaries before, which helped me see that no effort on a missionaries part is wasted. People are always being prepared by the Lord whether we realize it or not.

One family in particular are the Sotelos. Its Adriana (mom) and her two daughters Brenda(17) and Alexa(11). We went by them and they were so ready to sit down and learn. They were so attentive the whole lesson really internalizing the things that they were being taught by both us and the spirit. It was awesome to see their faith growing right before our eyes. Teaching the Restoration never gets old, because every time I can look someone in the eye and tell them that I know this and that happened, my testimony is strengthened so much more. There is nothing I can do to repay the Lord for all that he has blessed me personally with and the miracles e's allowed me to witness and be apart of. I Love the Savior. I love him for what he's done and for what he's doing for me now. They plan on coming to church next week, and we are going to invite them to be baptized next lesson with them. Over this week was really good, as far as teaching, finding, serving, and the 4th of July just topped it all off! We were on exchanges the night of the 4th, so me Elder Anderson, Elder England and Elder Showers got to watch fireworks from their apartment balcony. It was definitely a memory I won't forget.

I am Loving my mission more than I ever have right now, and I am so thankful to be here. I Love Y'all and all you do for me, I really do. I can say how much it means to have family and friends supporting me along this journey. I hope this email helped someone today. I try and make them exciting, because missionary work is exciting! Anyways, that's about it for this week, until next time. Godspeed!

Love, Elder Page

(another beautiful sunset in CA, & In front of the house from Ferris Bueller)

No comments:

Blog Archive