13 PaGeS LoNg

WhErE tHe PaGeS oF tHiS bOoK nEvEr EnD



Monday, April 27, 2015

We're sharing a message from the Lord...



So this time last week, I was SO worried about the week ahead. I'm just really good at worrying. Even Sister Dunn was worried! So we both prayed and felt peace, and knew that whatever would be throw our way this week would be alright. Things were throw at us (I'm sure literally if the people had things to throw!) We met so many people who were just not happy to see us and were sure happy to tell us that they weren't in many words! Honestly, this would've shaken me a few months ago, but it was weird because I just felt like I couldn't be moved. No matter what people said or did, I was grateful to know that God was there and that he was refining us. In the Book of Mormon in 1 Nephi 20:10 it says " for behold, I have refined thee, I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction". I have come to know the truthfulness of that verse this past week! Because after all the trials came miracles! We invited 3 wonderful people to be baptized and 2 out of three said yes! We have had so many opportunities to teach and so much help from the members of the ward. There's one member here, Brother Bob, who has worked close with missionaries over the past 30 years. He said that he received a prompting to work with me and Sister Dunn. The other day we were outside of Stretford mall, and this is how great brother bob is, he sat in his chair, held a restoration pamphlet, and said, "we're sharing a message from the Lord!" until someone stops, and we met some really wonderful people who we'll be seeing this next week from that!

I just wish I had time to tell y'all about every single thing because it's just so exciting! The two biggest things, were Hardeep and Mark. We met Hardeep my first day in Stretford, and we were finally able to meet with him again. We met with him in the park, and he was able to share some things he would like to learn and then it started to rain. Lightly at first, but then pouring! But as it started to pour the spirit prompted me and Sister Dunn to invite him to be baptized, and he said "yes, what time?" It was so AMAZING! Then next is Mark. He was someone that was taught by missionaries a little over a year ago, but I think he got lost in the mix. So we saw his name, set an appointment, and visited him with Brother bob and another member. The lesson was so lead by the Lord, and I just love watching people's faith grow right in front of my eyes! It's just so humbling! We were able to invite him to be baptized as well, and he said yes!

There is much work ahead, but I am just grateful for the refiners fire, and that if you let it help you instead of hurt, the Lord really will be able to use you!
I hope y'all will remember to always pray,
I love you all!
Stay safe please!
Sister Miller

No comments:

Blog Archive