13 PaGeS LoNg

WhErE tHe PaGeS oF tHiS bOoK nEvEr EnD



Monday, April 13, 2015

Rananim!!!!....


Hello everybody!

So just to clarify, Rananim means Hello in Chuukese, which is the language my companion Elder Henry Speaks. He's teaching me a little bit here and there. He is from Micronesia but to be more specific he comes from a little island called Chuuk, its about a mile and a half around, so that pretty much says it all. He is still working on his english so sometimes it's hard for me to understand what he is saying, but I Love em'! He came out on his mission not knowing a lick of english but he has learned so much for the time he has been in the U.S. I get to do english study with him for an hour every morning and It's so cool to be able to teach the english language because it's something I've just always know and never have had to teach it to anyone. So I'm actually learning quite a bit too.

Our area covers most of central Long Beach. We split the ward with two other Elders, Elders Showers and Merialen, they are both such good missionaries and just great guys! Downtown Long Beach is within our ward boundaries, but me and Elder Henry cover more of the suburbian areas, while the other elders cover Downtown. The work here is actually pretty good. It's a lot like the first area I was in (virginia ward). It's actually the same stake, which is cool. The people are humble, willing to listen, and me and Elder Henry have just hit the ground running. We work really well together, we are teaching a lot, finding a lot of new people to teach, and this coming week we are gonna really try and start working with members to come out with us, and work with the less-active members because there are a lot in this ward.

On Sunday there were maybe 75-80 people there, and a good few were visiting for the week. I don't mind though, because that means me and Elder Henry will have plenty to do and I'll get to know the members that do come on a more personal level. It's weird to be back in the Long Beach Zone, but I really like it. There aren't any sisters in the zone, just Elders, so that's different, but all good. We have a car so that's definitely a tender mercy. Our area is pretty dang big, and we have recently had quite a few appointments so the car really helps. I Love My district too!!! Aw man, Elder Ward from the MTC is in it with his new missionary Elder Brown. And the other Elder Brown from the MTC is in another district in the zone. So it's really nice to be back with them! Overall, I am Very Happy here in Long Beach, I feel good about the area and me and Elder Henry's companionship, there's Never a dull moment, we have too much fun. But its great!

I am having so many awesome experiences and I really do feel like I'm growing and being stretched so that's always good. I finally feel like I'm getting the hang of this whole missionary thing. Anyways, That's about it for this week, I look forward to sharing more specific experiences I have in the coming weeks. I hope y'all have a great week and stay safe! I Love You Guys! Thanks for always keeping me in the loop and upbeat!

Can't wait till next week, but until then... Godspeed!!!

Love, Elder Page


P.S. Congrats Matt & Kimber!!! I can't wait to meet him!


He found a reorganized church there, hummmm...



No comments:

Blog Archive