13 PaGeS LoNg

WhErE tHe PaGeS oF tHiS bOoK nEvEr EnD



Monday, September 30, 2013

I blame the Mitchell's...

Hermana Page with President & Sister Kahnlein

First off, Dad, what you said in your email about small works and each little bee was exactly what I needed to hear this week cause I have felt like my seemingly meaningless drops of honey aren´t worth anything. So thank you for, once again, being the answer to my prayers :)


Anywho...CHEELAAYY. It´s an interesting place.
Things from this week:
-There is this icecream truck that always drives around playing Christmas music and that sort of icecreamy truck nonsense, but the thing is...it sells gas haha. I just imagine grown people running outside waving pesos in the air in their pjs wanting more gas to heat their casas...makes me laugh every time.
-The ward misson leader in my new ward owns a wicker shop...like wicker furniture. It´s pretty sweet! He makes it all and it is all legit stuff. Mom, you would LOVE it. If I could send you something that big I would....but I can´t, so a picture will have to suffice.
-In the good ole USA, I feel like public transportation is a dying practice. But in Chile, it´s hoppin! Everyone and their grandmother takes the bus or community taxi´s....We are packed like cattle in those suckers sometimes. Talk about cozy!
-I have come to know that the Lord gives us strength out the wazoo here cause there is no way in heck-fire that I could do what we do as missionaries (running, walking, talking, having the spirit, only having less than 8 hours of sleep, yadayadayada without the help and strength of the Lord! It´s honestly a miracle we don´t all fall over and die!

-We have pets here in my new area! Well...not officially, but there are about 3-4 dogs that take turns walking with as ALL DAY. Literally, they wait for us in the morning to leave, and they even wait for us outside of appointments! I think it´s the darndest thing! My companion hates them cause we get bit by their fleas, but I like to think of them as our little angels :) They keep us company and keep us safe throughout the day! Little stray, dirty rays of sunshine! Their names are Monsi, Bermudes, Diego, and Samson.


Okay so the moment you have all been waiting for...
I am in an area called Limache. It´s about half an hour drive from Viña I think. It´s kinda more on the ghetto side, but I really like it. My trainer´s name is Hermana Barros. She is from Argentina....and she only speaks Spanish. Literally, no english. (I blame the Mitchells´ prayers for that one). So obviously, communication is challenging at times, but with lots of pointing and dictionaries and my broken spanish, we make it work. She is really sweet though, and she is helping me be a good missionary! With the whole only spanish situation, my Spanish is going to be great by the time she is done with me hopefully! Blessing in diguise.


I get mail about once a month at zone conferences...so I haven´t gotten any yet. I WANT IT SO BAD...and I know it´s there...I can feel it. They´re hoarding it from me.
Just to be sure, my address is:
4 Norte 1112 Casilla 631
Viña del Mar, Chile


Sorry this email has been so scattered. I don´t have a lot of time today and these keyboards are super ghetto so it´s taking twice as long. Since I didn´t get to tell you guys lots of stuff I´ll write a letter later tonight and send it off next pday.


Oh, one last thing... I had my first baptism of Saturday! Haha wow, almost forgot to put that. His name is Jaime and he is super cool! I obviously was only at the tail end of everything though, so I don´t really count him. But he is super comfortable with the ward and he has lots of friends, so I think he is solid, which I´m super excited about. The last thing Chile needs is another less active member!


I´m going to end on a note that Mom got me thinking of in her email to me. Martyrs is a concept of the gospel that I am particularly fascinated by. From countless Prophets of old to Jesus Christ himself to the brothers Joseph and Hyrum, the gospel of Jesus Christ is littered with countless martyrs that were willing to seal their testimonies with their lives. That right there is a testament that this is the true church and gospel of Jesus Christ restored to the Earth once again. How flickel are we when we are asked to simply pray or visit a family in need once a month and we murmur. Don´t lie to yourself people, you have murmurred once upon a time. Why are we so stupid? We have the truth. We have the fullness. We have the Gospel! We have Christ! It such a wonderful blessing to have and know about this gospel in our lives..why don´t we follow it? Why don´t we share it? Why do we voluntarily fall short of all Christ and God have in store for us? ...Shall we not go on in so great a cause?


Love always and always,
Hermana Abigail Page


-ps. the picture thing on the computers are broken so I will just have to wait and send you my card when it´s done. Sorry Momma :/
-pps. Please spell check for me...these keyboards stink.

No comments:

Blog Archive