13 PaGeS LoNg

WhErE tHe PaGeS oF tHiS bOoK nEvEr EnD



Monday, April 16, 2012

"there was never a happier time among the people..."

A P-DAY ZONE ACTIVITY! Hello Everybody!! Sounds like everybody had a really great spring break. I am glad to hear that everybody had such a fun time. Everybody said something about Zach's song, but I don't know anything about it. Can you get me the words or something please? Thanks! :o) It is crazy that you said 10 months from now we will get to hug because I just thought about it a little, and when I left on my mission Matt had about 10 months left. Crazy stuff huh? I am so proud of my family. It brings me great joy to hear about all of your efforts to share the gospel. :o) The blessings from your efforts I know are blessing my time here in Japan. It just cracks me up to think about Tory actually liking a girl! Dad, what on earth are you going to do? Tory is more of a stud than all the rest of us! haha Mom, I got your letter about the Dolls and a couple people said that I can find them here. They are the round doll kind of things right? I have a couple of other Japanese-like things to send home as soon as I make time to send them. That sweet old woman that gave me your Christmas present, she still gives me presents all the time that I can send to you. Crazy to think about Austin and Jared going on missions. Everybody just keeps getting old! :o) Well, I had a really great week. After things being pretty hard for a while, the Lord blessed us very abundantly. First of all, yesterday Elder Sanders and I had the opportunity to go to Sado Island and visit the tiny branch there again. As always it was a great experience and it was sad to think that it may have been my last opportunity to go there as a missionary(if I transfer next week, you know?). The weather here is amazing. It is exactly a year from the time I came to Japan last year and this time of year is just amazing. This week the Sakura are supposed to bloom and it will just make us want to be outside all the time. I will be sure to take lots of pictures. We had a church activity that we planned and we did it Easter themed. We hid a bunch of eggs around the church and then we did a hunt. Then once we found them all we used food coloring, water, and vinegar to dye them and decorate all of the eggs. People don't do anything for Easter Japan and so everybody had a really great time. It made me think of the old days at Grandma Peggy's house hunting for eggs in the yard. :o) We have a new investigator this week. Her name is Rina and she is from Peru. Pretty crazy huh? Jordan, I am getting a little taste of the stuff over there! She is so nice and super humble. She hasn't been to church in all the years she has been in Japan. We taught her about the restoration and Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon and her faith in what we are saying is so strong. She prayed on her knees for us at the end of the lesson yesterday and she was so happy. El Spirito Santo was super strong. :o) She has been a blessing to my mission as the gospel is becoming a blessing in her life. Guys, I love the mission so so much. Even the super tough days where we just truck in on the road all day bring joy and satisfaction to my life. In Alma 50, in the middle of the great war between the Nephites and the Lamanites, it says that there was never a happier time amongst the Nephites. Why was that the case? They were in the middle of a war! It was because of the gospel. As a servant of God, I testify that the Gospel of Jesus Christ has that power. It has the power to heal us in our pain, brighten our dark places, and bring satisfaction in the most unpleasant times in life. I truly believe that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. He did see God and Jesus Christ and I have confirmed that in my heart through the Power of the Book of Mormon, which stands as a witness to the world of the truthfulness of this work. I hope you all have a wonderful week! Keep it up Dad, sounds like you are just getting so much better. I am praying for you! Mom, I love you so much. Sometimes I feel like such the imperfect and flaw-filled son, but knowing that you always understand me and have my back brings me much peace and joy. I love you! Next week are transfers so I will tell you next week whether I will be going or not. It has been 6 months so I think I might go! I love you! Love, Elder Page

No comments:

Blog Archive