13 PaGeS LoNg

WhErE tHe PaGeS oF tHiS bOoK nEvEr EnD



Monday, April 9, 2012

"right road"

Hey Mom, Thanks so so much for the email! So much going on down there it feels like! Great to hear that Dad has been doing good, I have been thinking and praying about him. Stinks that your beach trip didnt happen! I bet that it won't be nearly as fun with the awkward, return-culture shock stricken return missionary, but I am super excited. It is super weird to think about things in a "year after now" perspective because they can all be spelled the same way, HOME. This week I break into the single digit month countdown which is just too crazy to handle! Well, to change from that subject, it was super relieving to hear about grandma. I really do think about and pray about and worry about her often. To hear that she is doing better is a nice relief. Things with the work are kind of hard right now. We still have our friend, Ishizuka with a baptismal date, but he is our only investigator right now. We only taught two lessons all last week, and neither were to an investigator. But, things go up and down all the time. It is tough right now, but it will pick up, it always does. Conference was a good lift up though. Like you guys said, there were so many wonderful talks! I have to say though that my favorite one was probably Elder Scott's talk about revelation. I think the principle that he taught about the fact that we often are already receiving the revelation that we so diligently seek was pretty interesting. I have done a lot of thinking about and studying of revelation and how we direct our lives recently. Many of my ponderings and concerns were addressed by Elder Scott and I was able to confirm many of my feelings and decisions. He said it himself, that we don't understand everything about how it works, agency and revelation. We have the freedom to choose totally independent of any other being, but at the same time, God can and will provide the right path for us. So, how does that work, agency along with being told what to do? Like Elder Scott, I don't fully understand, but what I have come to understand is that there is not only one "right road" for us. There is only one "right destination." In our lives, there may be many roads, about a variety of different decisions, that all ultimately lead to the same place, eternal life with our Father in Heaven. We have the ability to make the choices we choose to make. The purpose of God and revelation is to keep us on A road that leads to the right place. I know that we have the ability to choose, and that as we do so with righteous intent, worthily living our lives in the Gospel, God will help us stay on a path of joy, and away from those of darkness and pain. I am so grateful for the Plan of Salvation. I am grateful for the ability to choose and to grow from those choices. I am grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ. He has made this perfect plan of choosing possible for us. When we choose wrongly, it is through the power of His Atonement that God can bring us back into the fold which leads to eternal life. This Easter, I didn't have the opportunity to teach one single person about the Atonement of their savior Jesus Christ. However, I know that he lived, died, and lives again for me and for us. I believe with all of my heart that his power is real, and that power, through faith, is adequate for deliverance from all pain. Thanks so much for the email Mom, also the package that I got this week. It was all perfect so thank you very much. You are one heck of a Mama and I love you and Dad so much. Dad, keep on truckin in your rehab! I am praying for you. I am doing well. I am happy and I have an understanding of why I am where I am. Have a great week everybody!! Love Always, Elder Page

No comments:

Blog Archive