13 PaGeS LoNg

WhErE tHe PaGeS oF tHiS bOoK nEvEr EnD



Monday, November 7, 2011

Elder Page is getting transfered to Niigata...


Hello Mom and Everyone!!!
Well it is that time again! Another transfer gone and this time I am not making it through untouched. I am getting transfered. I will get to that after I reply a little to your email. I have been thinking about Grandma. I had a wonderful experience this week, a tender mercey from the Lord. I was thinking about Grandma when I felt prompted very quietly to ask one of the Sister missionaries about how her family was. I followed and asked. She then went on to tell me that in that very moment that I asked her she was worrying about her own grandma because she was in the hospital. We were able to talk and pray together for our grandmothers and it was a blessing to me. Another strength to my testimony of following the guidance of the Spirit, even when the promptings are small and simple.
I love hearing about Tommy and how much he is growing. I feel the spirit swell up in my chest every time I hear about his zeal for the gospel and his desire to serve. I know he can provide service in this work somehow. I hope Dad and President Baker can figure it out.
They have a holiday here called Gratitude Day and it is the day before Thanksgiving. I don't know what they do, but I doubt we will be getting a big ole' Mashed potatoes and Turkey dinner! :o)
I have lost about 10 pounds in the past couple weeks! I have been working out a lot better and I am getting back to the old me. I actually have been thinking a lot about how much I miss soccer and how I want it to be a part of my life while I can. I am pretty sure that I am going to do all I can to give BYU soccer a run when I get home. I will have to work hard to stay in shape and I don't know how I would do it, but for now I am going to do it.
Anyways, so, The news from my end of the tunnel. I am transfering!! Pretty crazy. I have been here in Kamisugi since June, about five or six months! I will be going to a city called Niigata. It is in the southwest part of the mission, and the 2nd biggest city in the mission. I have been relieved of my Zone Leader responsibilities! President called me this morning and asked me to become a Trainer. So, on Wednesday I will be going with my new missionary down to Niigata(5hours bus ride) and whitewashing the area!! :o) I am pretty excited about it all, but it just feels weird. I have just been here for so long and gotten to know everyone so well. On Sunday everybody at church was telling me how much they didn't want me to go. From the oldest grandpa to the little primary kids, everybody was praying that I wouldn't get transfered. It is so sad when you do your best in an area and just fall in love with it and then have to leave. Mom, the longer I am here, the more my desire to come back grows. I just can't imagine not being with these people again. haha One really funny story. Takeshi, my very first investigator who accepted the gospel and was baptized, he told me on Sunday something really funny. The translation is funny but this is what he said, "In order for the members of the Kamisugi Ward to recieve salvation, you have to stay here." hahaha He loves me a little to much. ;o) It is really sad, but I have already started packing my bags and am getting ready to go. It will be way different. No splits every week, no trainings, so meetings to travel to, just me and my "bean chan." That is what the new missionaries are called. It has been a transfer of learning for me. I have spent a lot of time studying and even more time on my knees, but all things have come together for my good. I know, even more than I did six weeks ago, that this church, the Gospel of Jesus Christ, is real. It is true. It is something that can be carved into your heart through the trail of faith. The Lord will always be by our side. I know it. It will be a busy week getting settled in with my new missionary, but from here on out, I should be a little less busy. :o) Do you hear that Marissa?!?! I think I can do a little better with making you smile for a little while here. :o) I miss you all. I love you all. I pray for and think of you often. Lets just be honest to Mom, I want a letter from Matt!!! I want to here from him about everything! I love you Mama, have a great week.
Love always,
Elder Zachary Taylor Page

No comments:

Blog Archive