13 PaGeS LoNg

WhErE tHe PaGeS oF tHiS bOoK nEvEr EnD



Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Press forward Saints...

So where do I even begin.


There's a lot that I could say about the tender mercies and the spiritual experiences that we experienced this week while out doing missionary work, but Id have to say the most spiritual experiences I personally had were while watching conference Saturday and Sunday. I just want to share a few thoughts I had while listening to the messages that were shared. Now I'm not gonna say everything, because I'd be here all day, but just a few things that really stuck with we were first from Elder Hallstrom's Talk. He said, "Our hardships have eternal purposes, whether we realize it or not." And quoting Elder Holland he said, "You can have what you want, or you can have something better." His whole talk surrounding these two truths really hit me and the spirit just seemed to let me know that my future will always be hopeful as long as my eyes are set on the Lord and his will for me. I also really liked Elder Renlund's Talk where he spoke all about being close to The Savior. He said "The closer we are to Jesus Christ, the more we appreciate his Innocent Suffering and Grace." I really loved the story of the woman who had the sacrament passed specifically to her and how she said to herself in relationship to the Atonement, "Oh, he did this for Me." These were a couple of things that really stuck out to me during this talk. Elder Ballard's Talk on Family Councils really caught my attention. The whole thing was just eye opening to how blessed I was to be apart of a family growing up who had family councils often and it makes me want to make this a regular part of my family one day. Elder Christofferson speaking on Fathers also got me excited for my future. Not just being a father though, but being the best one I can be. Elder Christofferson is the man! He always gives the best talks on being Good men and good husbands and fathers. He said something interesting in his talk, he said, "If a man can show his family what complete fidelity to God looks like, he has done Good."


Sorry if this is jumbled and all over the place, I'm just copying and pasting notes I have here in my journal. So many Good things were learned during conference. The Spirit was unreal, especially during the hymns. I don't think I've ever loved listening to the hymns as much as I did this weekend. One last thing! At the very end of Elder Holland's talk he quoted scripture that hit me like I sack of bricks, he said "Fear Not, I will Help Thee." Anytime the Lord says Fear Not, All of my fear literally goes away, because I trust that he means what he says. I know he's there. And I am so grateful to be here on a mission where feeling that is easier than other times and in other places of life. I am learning here how to be close with the Lord and to the spirit and to My Heavenly Father, so that when mission life is no longer 24/7 I can still be supported and help others in their efforts to do the same.

I can't wait to talk to y'all on mothers day and maybe hear some of the things that you liked about what was said at conference. Just another Month or so! See y'all soon, until then, I Love You!

Love,
Elder Page


P.S. That Belem Brasil Temple Though. I know you were happy to hear that one, right dad? Maybe we can take a family trip down there for the dedication!

No comments:

Blog Archive