13 PaGeS LoNg

WhErE tHe PaGeS oF tHiS bOoK nEvEr EnD



Monday, April 18, 2016

Roundin up those lost sheep...

So this past week has been super busy. It went by so fast Sunday came around and I actually woke up thinking it was Friday. I can't believe we're already on the last week of the transfer.

This week was just really well rounded as far as how we spent our time. We were able to take part in a lot of Just service projects, we were able to help a few members and an investigator with some things, we taught non members, a lot of less active members, and we even had time to meet with a few of the active members of the ward and get to know them better.

I mentioned last week that we have really been reaching out to the less actives in the area, so that was still a huge focus this week. We've been meeting with about ten families or individuals a week, and a few of these families and or individuals have started to return regularly to church and it has been the sweetest thing to see. Because these people they have tasted the fruit once before if not many times and they knew how good it was and now that they have returned to the tree you can just see how happy they are and how pleased they are with their own choices. I bore my testimony last week in fast and testimony meeting because I figured if this is my last transfer here than it would be my last chance to share my testimony with the ward, so I did. And I just told them how this area and this ward and many of the members homes have become sacred places for me, because its here I've sacrificed time and energy for them and for the Lord and it has become so special to me. Its basically become home here. I don't know whats going to happen in the coming transfer but whatever happens, I Love The Woodruff ward, I Love these people that I've been able to uplift and strengthen, because in doing so they have also done the same if not more for me. I guess to share a specific experience We went by one of our investigators Abayha and as he answered the door we could immediately tell he was tired, overwhelmed and needing something anything to cheer him up and get him going. I thought of my favorite scripture in Ether 12:27 we shared it with him and he was able to get more out of it than I even thought he would. His whole demeanor changed. We offered not only spiritual relief but also help with what he was going through and although there wasn't much we could do right then and there, the spirit of love and of genuine service touched him and we could all feel it. It was just a really spiritual experience and although I cant really put it into words its experiences like this I really cherish as a missionary. Simply going around and making peoples days better, helping people feel the spirit and the Love of the Savior and Heavenly Father. And then to give them the tools to go and be able to have this spirit whenever they need it. And something in Moms email stood out to me this week. She said that I need to do everything I can to take this special spirit home with me and then to keep it. These experiences and these feelings I realize I don't have to lose when I come home, I will just be able to take the things I've learned and apply them to different things. And I'm grateful for that. Well, Its about time to close up shop so I've gotta get off, I hope y'all enjoyed this email, and know that I'm doing well. I'm excited to see all of y'all on Mothers day, but until then. Talk to you next week! Love You!!!



Love, Elder Page






P.S. One more thought, one thing serving a mission has done for me is helped me see the importance of change and progression! Ive never been so focused on becoming and improving. Now Im still not perfect and I still often fall short, but I never give up. And thanks to the Lord I can keep going. Thats it.

No comments:

Blog Archive