13 PaGeS LoNg

WhErE tHe PaGeS oF tHiS bOoK nEvEr EnD



Monday, February 29, 2016

2 Nephi 2:11...

Hey Everyone!


This week has been "Sweet"! Sweet is the best way to sum it up. It has been one of the least stressful, spirit filled, enjoyable weeks I've had as a missionary. I have come to the conclusion that Elder Phunsaeng and I are long lost brothers. So If I find that my life isn't going well in the states when I return home I'm moving to Thailand, Just Kidding, but its always an option Elder Phunsaeng says.

We have seen the Lords hand just doing work throughout this week. We have just been put in the right places at the right time. One experience we had was with the woman from Syria we were teaching a little while back but lost contact with (Norma). We went by over and over again for a few weeks and she was never home, but while we were riding by her house the other day we both felt like we should stop and see if this time we could catch her. We knocked on the door and she answered. Before we could even say anything she said, "Hello! Come On In!" So we gladly, went in and sat down. It turns out she was sick for the previous two weeks and so she wasnt staying at the house we normally would visit her at. She was so happy to see us and we read from the book of Mormon with her. She had told us that over the past few weeks she had been reading on her own. She said that the teachings were so simple to her so we figured that was a good thing. We shared with her 2 Nephi 2:11 and she really loved the idea of there being opposition in all things with life. She felt the spirit and when we prayed she expressed again how much she loves it when we pray for her. The next step will be having her pray for us! But we invited her to church and she said that she would like to go, so hopefully next week she will make it.


We have just had a lot of cool experiences like this happen to us this week. This area and this ward and its members are as close to family as they can get. I'm waiting for them to just give me a calling. I really hope to stay One more transfer here with Elder Phunsaeng, but we'll see, next week we'll find out. 2 Nephi 2:11 is a principle that I can bear testimony of. I have realized since being here on my mission that there truly is a need to experience opposition because without it we would not grow for one and also we would not really enjoy the good and Gods blessings. I can say that I am grateful for affliction because it has helped me appreciate The Lords Love and Heavenly Fathers blessings for me. I am excited to share more in the coming week. Its gonna be a good one, I can feel it! Until Then, hug and hold and kiss those babies for me. And be sure to keep telling them my name so I'm not a creepy stranger when I get back home, Thanks!


Love, Elder Page

P.S. Larry is still doing well, we missed him this past week but we plan on meeting in the coming days, we'll let you know how things progress

No comments:

Blog Archive