13 PaGeS LoNg

WhErE tHe PaGeS oF tHiS bOoK nEvEr EnD



Thursday, July 31, 2014

A written letter from Elder Page

Dear Family,
It's Sunday night and since I'm leaving Tuesday morning at 4:30 am I won't be able to email for about another week, so I decided to just write a short letter home. I just want y'all to know I'm doing great! I can't wait to leave for Long Beach and get to work. I was speaking with the Branch Presidency today, discussing how I've undergone change since getting here a week and half to two weeks ago and my eyes were truly opened to how much I actually have changed. It's amazing what I have learned here and how much I've grown. I've loved it here and sad to leave but I know The Lord has a work for me in California.
Tonight we heard a talk from Elder Bednar, a couple of years ago he gave to the MTC missionaries. It's called " The Character of Christ". I learned so much from Elder Bednar, but the one point that really hit me is that Christ in all his experiences, in all the pain and anguish He underwent for us, during the good and the bad, during the miracles, sermons, and even the crucifixion, Christ chose to turn outward instead of inward. He never thought of Himself, In times when All of us would. Elder Bednar taught times specifically where He did this and it was so powerful. The spirit was so strong. I know I can take Christ's example and use it to better myself as a missionary, asa a son,and as a friend. I love my Savior and it's just the beginning. It's crazy!
Anyways, I can't wait to email how tell you all about California and my mission president and my companion.
I love and miss you all so much. But know I am where I need to be and where The Lord needs me. I can feel the prayers, and I can definitely feel the packages that have been sent, the pounds have come, but I am still skinny :) And seriously, the chocolate milk is unreal. I know now the glory I it's taste! So good!
The MTC is amazing. I can't wait for Katie to feel it and experience it all for herself in the coming weeks!
Once again I love each and everyone of you guys. Thanks for everything, and I will email next week and pictures!
-Elder Page :)

No comments:

Blog Archive