13 PaGeS LoNg

WhErE tHe PaGeS oF tHiS bOoK nEvEr EnD



Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Elder Pages first email as a missionary....wow



Well hey there family and loved ones! It's been a week and it's now finally my p-day which means I am able to let you all know how Im doing and how its been here. I honestly don't even know where to begin. There's so much I want to tell you guys.
The first day here was super fast paced. Within about an hour or two I was dropped off, sent to get my badge, books and things, then sent to dropoff my luggage, and finally sitting in a classroom with 9 other missionaries. The teachers didn't waste anytime. We started class and got to know each other. There are two sets of sisters in the district. Only one going to Long Beach though. Her name is Sister Chapman. She is amazing she swam in olympic meets and she doesnt even have legs. Since birth she has had prostetic legs from the knee down. She has been an inspiration to pretty much every missionary in the MTC. There are three sets of elders, two going to Colorado Springs (one Elder Jeff Shilling :) and the rest of us going to Long Beach. It's me Elder Gonzalez, Elder Ward, and Elder Brown. It is truly amazing how you can learn to love people after knowing them for just a week. We are all so close and feel like brothers. The Lord definitely answered my prayers when I asked for a district and companion I could learn to love and get along with. We have a Branch President and his two counselors who are so nice and inspired. I've already learned so much from them.
As new missionaries here we have been teaching "progressive investigators" which are teachers and leaders pretending to be investigators. Me and Elder Gonzalez have already taught "Todd" our investigator 4 times. We treat them just like real investigators. We pray before and after planning lessons, with Todd, and on our own, seeking guidance from the Lord. Through out this my testimony of prayer and of the spirit have grown so much. Even exercises as small as these mock discussions, the Lord is mindful of us and wants to help us learn and teach by the spirit. Some of the most spiritual experiences I've ever had are in these discussions.
In our zone a group of elders just left for the Charlotte mission so, just so y'all know be looking out for a few missionaries. There names are Elder Phelps, Judd, and Dunhill. Super cool guys and ready to serve in NC :)
Last night me and the rest of the elders went back to our rooms after a long, hard day. We all felt pretty discouraged for some reason and sat there together feeling troubled. One of the elders, Elder Price, asked if we could all give him a blessing. Without question we all agreed and helped Elder Ward give Elder Price a blessing. The spirit was so strong in the MTC dorm room, with the 5 of us with our hands placed on the missionaries head we truly were vessels for the Lord in comforting Elder Price. As soon as we finished the blessing another elder asked for a blessing and so we continued this process. Eventually each elder received a blessing giving the opportunity for each of us to administer to each other. Elder Gonzalez gave me my blessing and I gave Elder Ward his. I can't type out or even speak in words how powerful the experience was. We all know that these blessing came straight from the Lord.
This morning we decided to go to the temple as a district. We did endowments and once again I will not try and describe our time there, but I can say that the spirit was there and that each of these missionaries are my brothers and sisters. The temple is so beautiful.
All in all the past week has been amazing and the Lord has been looking after me and I can feel each of your prayers. Im doing great and I Love it here! This is the Lord's work and I know Christ has the power to make even the youngest, and most unexperienced of boys Fishers of Men. I've seen miracles happen here and can say that I know that the Lord has a hand in everyday of His work.
Well, I love you guys. I love you so much and thanks again for your prayers, and letters and packages (especially the krispy kreme) ;) I've takin a whole bunch of pictures and some videos this week and will try and send those later today. The computers here are weird so we'll see. I can't wait to write next week and tell you all how im doing and share the experiences I've had.
God Speed,

- Elder Page -

No comments:

Blog Archive