13 PaGeS LoNg

WhErE tHe PaGeS oF tHiS bOoK nEvEr EnD



Monday, May 11, 2009

What a wonderful Mother's Day...can we do that again tomorrow?

Wow what a wonderful day I had. First of all I get to hear my youngest, Tory give a talk on mothers and their divine role in Heavenly Father's plan. He did a fabulous job I might add. Elders Fairbanks and Burk sang a beautiful song, "An Angel to watch over me". They have the most beautiful voices...it was hard not to cry while they were singing. All the missionaries said that I was going to cry and they were right. (I wish their mothers were there to enjoy it)
We left right after church so that we could get our phone call from Elder Page. We brought Elders Lott and Burk home with us to eat and call their Moms. Elders Slauson and Fairbanks joined us later to call their moms. If you have never had the Elders in your homes on Mothers Day (especially if you are a missionary mom) it is really a wonderful thing. I love seeing their faces after having talked to their families...it really is comforting to have them in your home when you have one away serving the Lord too. I love these young men as if they were my own. I know if I am here taking care of someone elses son, that the Lord will bless my sons with some one who will love and take care of them. Besides there is no other spirit like the one they bring into you home.
My kids had alot of special things to give me, clothes, jewelry love notes (my favorite) I even got seranaded by Zachary (loved that too) We all loved talking to Dallin. Matt spoke the longest since it will be a year before they will hear each others voices again. It felt like another long goodbye. He is doing so well and loving his time with Elder Song (who goes home at the end of the month) He told us of some of his funny experiences like riding an hour and a half on their bikes to a dinner appointment, because they got lost. Getting there finally around 8:00 eating and getting on their bikes and gettting home at 9:30 that night. The funny part is that Dallin has a crappy mission bike. It only has one gear, High. So for an hour and a half he pedaled his heart out to really make no progress. I pictured him on an exercise bike going full speed and going nowhere. We sure love him and look forward to one more phone call at Christmas. I can't believe I will be waiting for two calls this year!
I hope that everyone had a very happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Blog Archive